back to article Russian hacktivists DDoS hospitals, with pathetic results

A series of distributed-denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks shut down nine Danish hospitals' websites for a few hours on Sunday, but did not have any life-threatening impact on the medical centers' operations or digital infrastructure. Copenhagen's health authority confirmed the outages in a tweet, and directed patients to an …

1. redpawn

Because

attacking hospitals will make the Right Pondians like Putin better? Or cower in fear of script kiddies and quit supporting Ukraine?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Because

No, because the people trying/doing this have dropped so far out of having a sense of humanity they are IMHO beyond redemption.

If they catch them they should be locked up with only access to books and nothing more technical than an etch-a-sketch of which one of the dials no longer works.

I know that's repaying cruelty with cruelty, but that vermin is worth it. Sinking so low should have consequences.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"If they catch them they should be locked up"

What, you're not going to stick them on a chaingang and get some useful work out of them? Broken etch-a-sketches cost money you know!

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Not the broken ones :)

2. Spazturtle Silver badge

The law needs a longer arm, we need to start assassinating members of these groups who hide away in hostile states.

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Some hospitals in Denmark have been attacked for burning the Quran

(a) Is this a service normally supplied by Danish hospitals? and

(b) Are the people who are so upset by such an activity (performed by a hospital or otherwise) aware of the concept that the medium is not the message?

3. ChoHag Silver badge

> pathetic results

Do I have this right? When it's one of them the attacks are "largely in vain" and when it's one of ours it's a "sophisticated attacker"?

Does the method materially differ in either case, or just the reporting?

1. Cav Bronze badge

Re: > pathetic results

"Do I have this right?"

No.

1. ChoHag Silver badge

Re: > pathetic results

This is an incredibly well-thought out argument which touches all the points of concern leaving no room for debate.

You've convinced me.

4. NXM Silver badge

Dude you have no Quran

Where's that guy when you need him?

(Look it up on YouTube)

5. Grunchy Silver badge

I’m burning the Quran 24-7

I have a script that copies the digital file, scrambles its contents randomly, and then erases it bit-by-bit. It runs in RAM exclusively so I’m not needlessly wearing out HDDs or anything.

I was thinking of releasing it as a RAM/CPU burn-in freeware.

(Actually I have done no such thing, but of course it wouldn’t be hard. Plus I’d make it optional which work to mutilate: the Quran, the Bible, the American Constitution… Groening’s “Life in Hell” comics… or supply your own hated document! Whatever you want for an empty, futile gesture.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like