back to article Musky scent? Billionaire launches fragrance: Burnt Hair

Elon Musk, the world's richest man, is threatening to break into the fragrance industry with a scent branded “Burnt Hair – The Essence of Repugnant Desire" and it's already for sale on his Boring Co website. In what may be a case of nominative determinism or simply a joke he has yet to share with the rest of the world, Musk's …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Again ?

Didn't somebody already launch a fragrance that smelled like a vagina ?

1. Stork Silver badge

Re: Again ?

Ah - perhaps this one came about because someone lit the candle Paltrow was scenting?

2. J. Cook Silver badge
    Thumb Down

No thank you- if I want to smell sh$t, I'll go and huff the contents of the litterboxes after the cats use them...

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Facepalm

Years ago, when my sister was little, she had long hair to her waist. She decided she wanted short hair and cried and cried until mum cut it for her. There was so much, mum chucked on the fire (we still had an open coal fire back in the 60's). The SMELL!!!!!! The entire street and probably all the nearby street knew about it. :-)

1. jake Silver badge

Don't burn it!

When I finally cut mine (I could sit on it), I donated it to the cancer kids at Stanford Hospital. I've intentionally grown it very long a couple times since for the same purpose. It's a strange feeling going from all the hair to buzz-cut :-)

Highly recommended.

2. jafer

HAHAHA! You are crazy, it literally smells like a vagina.

3. Natalie Gritpants Jr

When Twitter have you by the short and curlies...

The only way to escape is to set fire to your pubes.

4. Snowy Silver badge
    Joke

Burnt hair

Smell like burning money me.

“Burnt Money – The Essence of Repugnant Desire"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A human gag from a gag of a human.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cry of desperation

It's lonely being top dog in the free world. If we listen closely to his words, we can hear a pained cry of desperation. She (Xi) has him by the shorties, and Musk's privates are now just a special administrative region of of the CCP. Musk is trapped, along with Cook, in the court of the Emperor, and she (Musk) is the newest concubine.

7. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Devil

What a visionary

He recently upset Ukrainians by suggesting they accept the annexation of Crimea in 2014 and then waded into the China/Taiwan debate by suggesting the countries work out a special administrative zone for the latter.

Amazing how his brilliant ideas coincide almost exactly with Russia's and China's current leaderships.

Perhaps he should stick with planet-burning cryptocoins rather than geopolitics, he seems to be better at that.

1. Zolko Silver badge

Re: What a visionary

The jury is still out on the Ukraine subject, but concerning China/Taiwan it seems that the Taiwanese government has learned the Ukrainian lesson: better negotiate before being destroyed than after :

Taiwan’s president has ruled out armed confrontation with China, saying that her government is willing to engage with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to reach a “mutually agreeable arrangement.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/taiwans-president-tells-china-war-absolutely-not-option

1. Blank Reg

After seeing the Russian debacle in Ukraine I doubt that the Chinese government is stupid enough to try a military move on Taiwan.

1. Zolko Silver badge

I doubt that the Chinese government is stupid enough ...

May-be that your "doubts" are not enough for the Taiwanese government ? May-be they want to go for something more substantial : like "talks" for example ? Could be a change in Ukraine, actually.

2. Casca Silver badge

Negotiate with a country that breaks every agreement they have made and keep threating border countries?

Chamberlain and you have a lot in common it seems

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

> Negotiate with a country that breaks every agreement they have made and keep threating border countries?

That's what I keep telling my so-called representatives, but they insist that the US is our special "partner". :|

2. Zolko Silver badge

keep threatening border countries ?

ah yes, that's why the invasion and destruction of Irak by the UK isn't any problem for you: because they're not neighbors ! Killing hundreds of thousands of innocents people based of grossly fabricated lies is acceptable as long as they're far away. Brilliant, why didn't the UN think of that before ?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He could have released "restored hair" though it would have the scent of disappointment.

9. Snow Hill Island

Burnt Fingers might be more appropriate?

Play with the fire of completely unfettered free speech and your might get you fingers burnt....

10. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

Woah there

Please no "Spaffed up the Wall" lotion.

I'm really missing The Paris Hilton Angle since she's been kidnapped

11. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Joke

An Elon fragrance?

Can't he just concentrate on making cars and building rockets?

On second thoughts... when is he going to build a rocket to take him and Donald J Trump on a one way journey to Mars. Trump can proclaim himself Emperor Donald the 1st of Mars.

1. DS999 Silver badge

Rocket to Mars

I would toss in $1000 to a gofundme to send Musk and Trump on a one way trip to Mars. $2000 if they have to live together and it is a reality show streamed from Mars 24x7. Sort of a live action remake of the Odd Couple.

12. Matthew "The Worst Writer on the Internet" Saroff

What a Complete Prat!

Most overrated man in the universe, except possibly for Liz Truss.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: What a Complete Prat!

"Most overrated man in the universe, except possibly for Liz Truss."

Liz Truss is a man? That may explain a few things. Does her husband know?

13. jake Silver badge

Note to Elon:

If you stop smoking dope when you're already stoned, you'll be less likely to singe your fringe.

And a hint: Not everyone finds the smell of singed fringe to be a mark of success.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Note to Elon:

He's probably had a bet with Joe Rogan or someone to see how many suckers he can sell it to.

14. Alistair Dabbs

Why no Michael Jackson joke?

Still too soon?

1. Winkypop Silver badge

Re: Why no Michael Jackson joke?

I take my hat and glove off to that one!

2. Tom Servo

Richard Pryor has entered the chat

3. jake Silver badge

We laughed enough at him while he was alive. Allow dead jokes to stay dead.

15. Ciaran McHale

Follow-up product

This product is being sold by The Boring Company. Knowing Elon's taste in humour, I wouldn't be surprised if his next fragrance product comes from SpaceX and is called Scent of Uranus.

16. disgruntled yank

Next maybe a hair conditioner for split ends?

Frays de boyz?

17. IGotOut Silver badge

Look here...

Look at this news...look, over here....no ignore THAT Musk news that I have no control over..Look at me..over here.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Afforded?

> expensive practical jokes can be afforded.

If you're talking about the perfume, the man is making a profit off it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like