back to article Twitter edit button coming later this month ... for some

Twitter's long-awaited edit button is being tested internally, and in the coming weeks will be available to Twitter Blue subscribers before a wider rollout, the social media company said today.  Tweet editing, which Twitter said is its most requested feature, will have restrictions, however: Tweets can only be edited inside a …

1. JDPower666

30 minute window? 10 mins is more than enough, as any self respecting website knows

1. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge

Yeah except when it isn't, like when I spot a blatant typo in my post 11 minutes after posting. Then full-on "doh" mode kicks in and I wish the editing window hadn't closed after 10 minutes.

2. Peter Mount

Mastodon has Delete & Re-draft

Been using Mastodon since April and that does have a "Delete & Re-draft" option which does as it says, deletes the post & put's it back in the editor so you can re-draft it. Any interaction between the original post & delete is then lost which is a good thing as that prevents misuse.

So if this is not an undo but a true edit then expect it to be abused. They could do one version, people interact then change it but the interactions remain and if the context has changed it could get messy

1. JDPower666

Re: Mastodon has Delete & Re-draft

Hence the 30 min edit window, although too long in my opinion as a tweet can get quite some traction in that time. Should be just long enough to fix typos and that's it. Maybe 5 mins.

3. elsergiovolador Silver badge

A year from today

There will be people bragging that they have never edited their precious tweets.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Covfefe

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ed Balls

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

5. pavel.petrman
    Coat

Edit options

I guess the next step would be the possibility to edit your company takeover bids.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like