back to article Hiding a phishing attack behind the AWS cloud

Criminals are slipping phishing emails past automated security scanners inside Amazon Web Services (AWS) to establish a launching pad for attacks. Scammers have latched onto the ability for people to use an AWS service to build and host web pages using WordPress or their own custom code. From there they can send phishing …

1. monty75

All the recent phishing emails I’ve received have come from a gmail address and point to content hosted on Google Drive. Most of them somehow manage to bypass Gmail’s spam filtering.

1. Frank Zuiderduin

That filtering is a joke.

In my book, anything from gmail, hotmail, etc. is suspect by definition. I don't see why AWS should be any different.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"we can't just block AWS"

No, you can't.

Watch me.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

checking url is bad advice when using outlook cloud shite

due to outlook cloud shite changing links to safelinks.protection.outlook.com giving users a false sense of this link is fine!!!!!.

fucking stupid cloud fuckers.

1. razorfishsl

Re: checking url is bad advice when using outlook cloud shite

Becasue MS is deliberately trying to destabilize the security market so they can insert their own business & user offering.

They have gone out of their way to try and subvert any companies security tools as regards web links and redirects into AZURE masked by cloudflare..

Theri latest offering "microsoft-authenticator" which goes live next month with all MS accounts requiring 2FA is a literal GPS dog collar up every users ass...

it includes full GPS & BLE geo-location... under the guise of "security", not just when you want to 2FA but CONTINUOUS

4. razorfishsl

And Azure

5. emmawaston79

Hello everyone, I'm a bachelor's student. My computer was attacked by the piiq virus, and now they want me to pay a ransom. I put avast on my computer to scan. But this virus isn't getting rid of right. Can someone tell me a way to get rid of it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like