back to article Alibaba joins rivals in offering tool for those under pressure to reduce carbon emissions

Alibaba is following in the footsteps of larger rivals by launching a tool that customers can use to measure and manage the carbon emissions of their business with the aim of lowering their environmental impact. Energy Expert is a SaaS-based platform developed and operated by Alibaba Cloud, the computing services arm of China- …

1. steviebuk Silver badge

Ironic

Considering China are one of the biggest coal burners. I assume the CCP won't be using that feature then :)

2. razorfishsl

When they close down face book & twitter, THEN I will think about looking at my carbon footprint

But i'm damned if I'm going to worry about something whilst large % of the population is posting fucking cat pictures...

and lecturing me about being "green" and saving the planet.

1. skierpage

Way to lash two unrelated things together. The carbon footprint of your Facebook and Twitter postings, even if those companies weren't committed to being efficient with energy and reducing their emissions, Is miniscule compared to, you know, actually burning fossil fuel as you use electricity, drive, fly, and heat your house.

2. ravenviz Silver badge

Like everyone else not worrying about anything until everyone else does something.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like