back to article Hydrogen leak grounds Discovery

NASA yesterday aborted the scheduled launch of space shuttle Discovery after a leak in a gaseous hydrogen vent line. The hydrogen vent line. Pic NASA TV Launch Director Mike Leinbach explained yesterday that "the leak developed on the piping that runs from the fixed service structure, or launch tower, to a valve at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim
    Alien

Crappy plumbing

From the picture, the whole thing appears to be held together with Duck Tape. Maybe the should get a proper plumber on the job!

2. Pete Silver badge

I used to have a car like that

Unreliable, expensive to run, forever needed servicing. hopeless MPG.

Then one day some fool stole it - obviously they didn't know what they were letting themselves in for. Maybe NASA should leave the keys in the pod-bay door and see if anyone makes off with it. At least then they could claim on the insurance.

3. Andus McCoatover
    Coat

Maybe Phil the Greek had a better idea...

"Looks like it (fuse box) was installed by an Indian" (when he presumably meant cowboy)

Duct tape indeed..A closed mouth gathers no feet.

"You've tried the Cowboys, now try the Indians"

See http://en.rian.ru/world/20070813/71203530.html

Mahatma Kote! I'm outta here!! (G'is me gloves, too. It's fuc*king freezing in Oulu)

4. greg
    Coat

duck tape

What is this mysterious tape made from ducks?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Relief

Sandra's the one who's been up there "relieving" Gregory right? The poor girl must be exhausted. Gregory on the other hand will be praying the launch is delayed even further.

6. Andus McCoatover

duck tape?

Is it for those Gay Ducks trying to seriously bond??

7. b166er
    Thumb Up

At least

NASA are taking problems a lot more seriously these days.

8. Kevin
    Alert

Watch out!

Hey, have they not noticed in that picture that there's an ICBM heading for the ISS? It's on a slightly wobbly trajectory but they should consider ducking (with or without tape).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like