back to article AI-driven HR startup snapped up as companies fight to retain employees

IT helpdesk-turned-workflow software company ServiceNow is to acquire Hitch Works, which produces software to help organizations better use their employees' existing skills. Hitch Works focuses on "AI‑powered skills insights", which will be added to ServiceNow's Now Platform to help customers with talent gaps by tying employee …

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

A cunning plan

Hey developer are you thinking of leaving $MEGACORP$ ?

Well the place you planning jumping ship to uses "AI‑powered skills intelligence is the foundation for the future of work," !

Oh, so you decided to stay here? Good......

2. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

"AI‑powered skills insights"

In layman's terms, find out what else employees can do so they can be more than 100% effective or 100% laid off.

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"ServiceNow said the purchase is designed to help companies under immense pressure to attract, train, and retain an effective workforce."

I can't help thinking that using ServiceNow and gaining a reputation for treating and paying employees well might be more effective than just using ServiceNow on its own.

1. Youngone Silver badge

My thoughts were along the lines that there are no "companies under immense pressure to attract, train, and retain an effective workforce" but there are plenty of companies who don't want to give their current people a pay rise.

I think I might be working for one.

4. sebacoustic
    Alert

Dilbert

Out: Catbert, the evil HR manager

In: Catbot, the evil HR management AI

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like