back to article Capita to see wave of UK government contracts come to an end by 2025

Everyone's favorite outsourcing business Capita is scheduled to see 415 government contracts with the British public sector expire between 2022 and 2025, more than any other major supplier. According to UK government spending research firm Tussell, the IT services company will see government contracts to the value of £700 …

1. FlamingDeath Silver badge

Ahh the talented government

Spending other peoples money on skill they themselves do not posses, a bit like councils then?

One day I might see a competent and capable government.

So far, all I've witnessed is a bunch of clowns who won a popularity contest run the country into the ground, a death by a thousand cuts

It's basically a feeding frenzy, and a game they play. How much public money can we steal without causing a riot.

With the british and a shortage of spines, indefinitely?

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Re: Ahh the talented government

Name one country where this isn't the case.

1. phuzz Silver badge

I guess in a Communist country it's all technically "our money". Maybe that's what OP meant?

;)

2. Duffaboy

jeremy your back me old comrade

1. Paul Herber Silver badge

Is this a poorly translated message to Comrade Corbyn from his masters?

3. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Alert

Exhibit 1 m'lord

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/31/lords-standards-watchdog-investigates-tory-peer-over-vip-ppe-contracts

"The award of £50m of PPE contracts appears to have transformed its financial fortunes; in the year to 31 March 2020 the company turned over less than £500,000."

2. Mike 137 Silver badge

More hands-on than what?

'"Strategic suppliers" are a small number of companies that do so much business with government that the Cabinet Office takes a more hands-on approach to managing procurement with them.'

Considering the number of projects over which HMG seems to have entirely lost control, it would be interesting to know how procurement is managed, both normally and 'more hands-on'. My impression is that adjacent fingers of those hands are commonly not at all sure what their neighbours are doing.

3. Jedit Silver badge
    Mushroom

Oh, really?

The government just rammed through plans to cut 90,000 civil service jobs by 2025, almost a quarter of the workforce. Some departments face reductions of up to 40%, which is unsustainable.

Luckily, Crapita and G4S will just have had some workers freed up and will be ready to plug the gaps. I'm sure it won't cost more than twice as much as the existing arrangements that don't put money in the pockets of Tory donors.

4. s. pam Silver badge
    FAIL

Best news of 2022

Absolutely fabulous to see the leeches in Crapita being jettisoned via the door.

Don’t worry darling, they’ll be back under a different banner soon though

1. hoola Silver badge

Re: Best news of 2022

Whilst it is good to see Capita dropping the number of contracts and money they receive from the Government, there are a huge number of jobs a t stake as well.

Clearly the work needs doing however it those people are employed by Capita rather than the people they are providing the service to, what happens?

Are they transferred to the replacement supplier?

Are there redundancies?

As usual, those jobs are all further down the food change and those at the top simply don't give a stuff.

1. Strahd Ivarius Silver badge

Re: Colin Wilson 2 - Apple have got this right!

as usual costly UK workers will be replaced by cheap EU ones.

oh, wait...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like