back to article $10b National Security Agency contract re-awarded to AWS

The US National Security Agency (NSA) has re-awarded a once-secret $10 billion cloud computing services contract to AWS following protests from Microsoft. The contract, codenamed "Wild and Stormy," is the successor of the Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) IT contract, awarded to Microsoft in 2019, and later killed …

1. alain williams Silver badge

How much tax ...

will Amazon pay on that $10b ?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: How much tax ...

None, they obviously won't be making a profit on the contract.

Between Amazon's patriotic duty to support the DoD and the ruthless negotiating power of a customer with nuclear weapons - the contract will be set at exactly the cost of supply

1. Mike007 Bronze badge

Re: How much tax ...

Don't be silly. Break even? They will be making a loss!

2. msknight

It wouldn't surprise me...

...if this isn't over yet.

"We asked Microsoft for its reaction to the award. The company has yet to respond." ... give them chance to stop choking on their iced tea first.

3. Mike 137 Silver badge

codenamed "Wild and Stormy"

Why not SecurityMcSecurityFace?

I increasingly often wonder about the mental age of those in charge of these vast, expensive projects, and whether it contributes significantly to the catalogue of over-budget failures..

1. monty75

Re: codenamed "Wild and Stormy"

It’s named after the previous President’s two favourite hookers

1. myootnt

Re: codenamed "Wild and Stormy"

Would you trust a male leader that does not have hookers?

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

The NSA awarded the contract to Amazon

Well of course.

The NSA has form in being hacked online.

5. GuldenNL

Whoever wins, loses

The shenanigans of the NSA are becoming more widely known. Whoever wins this contract will see American customers move to their competitors.

Excuse me one moment.

Yeah, it’s me again Nakasone. Why don’t you have your script kiddies looking up Putin’s skirt instead of crawling all over Americans’ private data?!?

Anyway, AWS looks to be losing business soon if nothing changes.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In other news...

Amazon announced that following analytics of customer behaviour they will be launching their own security service "National Security Amazon", or NSA for short, which will undercut the incumbent supplier. Jeff Bezos was quoted as saying "well, it worked for USB cables and ibuprofen, so we figured how hard could it be?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like