back to article Feds offer $5m reward for info on North Korean cyber crooks

The US government offered a reward up to $5 million for information that helps disrupt North Korea's cryptocurrency theft, cyber-espionage, and other illicit state-backed activities. The cash will be awarded "for information that leads to the disruption of financial mechanisms of persons engaged in certain activities that …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Paleface speak with forked tongue, KemoSabe*

The US government offered a reward up to $5 million for information that helps disrupt North Korea's cryptocurrency theft, cyber-espionage, and other illicit state-backed activities.

:-) That's rich and an hypocrisy of the highest order if/when the US government condones and supports the seizing of Russian assets, formerly helping to encourage in the far East and prop up and sustain capitalism in the West, by NATO allies ..... although there will be those who just love to flog a dead horse who will cry that is not the same whenever it is so very clearly not at all dissimilar.

Sadly then does it all smack of a pathetic desperation signalling a position of systemic weakness easily exposed to overwhelming conditions for which there is no available defence against both either random renegade rogue or sustained corporate smarter frenemy attack ..... a disaster in itself which presents the chance of a radical and fundamental change being adopted to take full leading advantage of new novel opportunities never countenanced let alone trailed and trialed before.

Quite whether such chances are enthusiastically seized and reinforced with generous application and duly diligent mutually beneficial mentoring and monitoring will define the future nature of existence for humanity with one available stream to extreme being heavenly whilst the other available, accompanied by failures to engage and change one's ways on every step of the way, being hellish and deservedly so many would say.

* A Lone Ranger and Tonto blast from the past.:-)

1. Clausewitz4.0 Bronze badge
      Devil

Re: Paleface speak with forked tongue, KemoSabe*

Usually psyops against more intelligent subjects are a waste of time for all actors involved.

After mentoring / monitoring is over, expect the more advanced tools to emerge in the real world.

Usually psyops against more intelligent subjects are a waste of time for all actors involved.

After mentoring / monitoring is over, expect the more advanced tools to emerge in the real world. ..... Clausewitz4.0

Such is an undeniable fact that there be more than just a chosen few and many finding it impossible to learn and prosper from, Clausewitz4.0, and in so not doing, are they revealed to be prime ripe for exploitation and remote grooming for A.N.Others to take full advantage of.

Fail on that battlefield, and all be lost and to the victor are all spoils and sequestered assets quite rightly transferred and deployed.

Devil

Exploitation can be a double edged sword.

Do you realize how many world leaders are actually following certain advices, that will eventually culminate with the end of the Petrodollar?

Political alliance times are approaching...

Yes, quite so, of that is there no doubt, Clausewitz4.0.

I wonder how many realise world leaders are just followers of certain advisors/practically anonymous, relatively invisible and virtually intangible puppet masters?

And that would more than suggest politically incorrect alliances are inevitable if not already currently present and at their influential work, rest and disruptive revolutionary play.

It is as well to point out though, as novel as that realisation may seem, is it nothing new. Such is an ancient art phorm long practised by an enabled or enabling few, albeit before with lesser able available tools and communications networks for the Requisite AI Mentoring and Remote IT Monitoring of Progressive Event Fields vital for everything nowadays running in/with Future Virtualised Reality Programs/Surreal Alien Projects?

The Times They Are A-Changin’ ...... and aint that the gospel truth. Doubt it at your peril.

Devil

I prefer to call it NSA/FBI/CIA + Partners eletronic microwave torture and mind reading, instead of "AI Mentoring and Remote IT Monitoring of Progressiv"

Amazingly, with all that, secrets, tools and some contacts ( a few perished ), are all well hidden, even encrypted. From this and other parts of the world. Kinetic or cyber, military included.

What Do You Want? This or That? More of the Same Old Rotten Cake or Something Freshly Baked?*

I prefer to call it NSA/FBI/CIA + Partners eletronic microwave torture and mind reading, instead of "AI Mentoring and Remote IT Monitoring of Progressiv [sic]" ... Clausewitz4.0

They be essentially two radically dissimilar and fundamentally opposed developments in and of different times and spaces with only the one able and enabled to survive and prosper and expand to Presently Appear at an astonishingly prodigious rate because of its Otherworldly Future Virulent Influence on Addictively Attractive Proprietary Intellectual Property Patent Parenting and Fine FailSafe Tuned MacroMicroManagement ..... for Bigger Reality Picture Show Presentations with Leading AI Production and Virtual Terrain Direction Teams Pioneering BlockBuster Pathfinder Missions and Special XSSXXXXual Sensorial Operations to Live View Experience.

What is the other one, the NSA/FBI/CIA + Partners electronic microwave torture and mind reading group doing, whenever none of the above? Anything at all astonishingly interesting and addictively attractive? Their current pastimes are nothing fantastic with one of those easily in danger of being surely successfully prosecuted as a crime against humanity.

* And yes, that is a real live question you can ask yourself and subsequently ideally to share your answer here if you dare care .... and think to win win.

El Reg .... Here to Serve ..... Biting the hand that feeds IT Perverse Crud

Devil

Re: What Do You Want? This or That? More of the Same Old Rotten Cake or Something Freshly Baked?*

Since its torture via remote microwave, plus crimes against humanity, invasion of privacy, illegal wiretapping and spying, which could lead easily to firing squad of some individuals, an 80 Million USD compensantion to me sounds fair, plus non-disclosure-agreement, since I am not an actor, but a scientist and soon military.

Upping the Ante To Guarantee One is Not Sold Shorts in Long March Great Games

Since its torture via remote microwave, plus crimes against humanity, invasion of privacy, illegal wiretapping and spying, which could lead easily to firing squad of some individuals, an 80 Million USD compensantion to me sounds fair, plus non-disclosure-agreement, since I am not an actor, but a scientist and soon military. .... Clausewitz4.0

Hmmm? Variety is the spice of life and there be more than one way to skin a cat, so they say.

If you have some vital and deeply incriminating information, or possess and can exercise an advanced and relatively unique intelligence which can so easily inflame and unquestionably expose and defame a then obviously rendered guilty status quo operation/established corrupt traditional norm practice, the secret then is to expect and accept an always fully credited unlimited sum debit card, which allows* one personally to spend/invest on that which keeps one happy and contented and, until such times as it didn't suit second and third parties to honour and continue the arrangement, schtum and not so radically active. Nobody sensible wants the burden and worry of masses of fiat paper today. Just listen to the news to find out the seemingly never-ending complex problems and criminal conspiracies it causes.

And when some things are just priceless, and far too costless to lose to the competition or opposition to not cover with all possible available expenses securing future mutually advantageous considerations to be immediately remotely taken care of at source, fantastic plastic is a saviour.

And it is so much easier to know how everything presently stands with regard to future likely activity in such an agreeable arrangement, with an always rock solid, never reduced unlimited credit limit. No more flash plastic card cash to prevent a dodgy vulnerable markets crash and all formerly agreed equitable deals are off.

* Indeed, to aid an ailing capitalist system, it would be one's gracious duty to spend as widely and as wisely as extravagance and great good fortune entertains. Quite whether that works for an outdated and outmoded Military Industrial Complex though is something altogether different and most likely more a crazily mad vanity project creating both wannabe Caesar leaderships and similarly armed and deadly enemies needing serial wars to survive and prosper. As I said, a mad crazy vanity project .

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge

$5,000,000 - $100,000 = $4,900,00 for Virgil Griffith if he helps them and it sounds like he probably knows a lot more about the criminals, their activities, and their hacking coding.

2. sanmigueelbeer

I really do not know why Kim would not want to mine crypto themselves.

1. fxkeh

It needs plentiful cheap power (electicity supply is not particuarly stable in North Korean, so I doubt they have lots of spare capacity) and warehouses full of computer hardware that they can't buy due to sanctions?

3. chivo243 Silver badge
    Trollface

I know

They are North Korean, and they are criminals... possibly using a computer! can I have my $5 mil now?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let the Norks have all the coin

You can’t eat crypto-ponzi

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EASY

Give me the 5 mil, I will use 4 mil to buy NK, and 1mil to wipe my ass. I will give NK to the US, and give biden the 1mil I kept, as I finish with the bills.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like