back to article Microsoft debuts System Center 2022

Microsoft has quietly slipped System Center 2022 out the door, more than six months after the debut of Windows Server 2022 – but also flagged the product is not in its final state. System Center is Microsoft's tool for deploying and managing software-defined datacenters and has long been a near-essential companion for those …

1. ShadowSystems

I wonder...

Just how badly MS will reduce any/all usefulness of all the various software bits into an ungainly FlusterCluck of a UI mangled, settings rearranged, bits added/removed at random, "agile" produced pile of steaming shite?

Manager1 deciding to leave their mark by rearranging the deck chairs while the ship sinks beneath them; Manager2 "improving" the various icons by making them all into animated Emoji; Manager3 removing a recently added feature for one that was removed to make room for the aforementioned bit, even though the underlying code has yet to be brought up to speed to even come close to the original intentions much less the ones currently on the table several months later; Manager4 trying to stuff "BlockChain" in there somehow & screwing everything up so badly that it crashes every time you launch the program; Manager5...

How long will it take for MS to screw the pooch, or did that happen even before the project/product was announced in the first place?

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: I wonder...

Manager5...

Adverts?

2. TaabuTheCat

Re: I wonder...

See InTune for your answer.

2. Mayday
    Windows

"Shame it's not finished"

Can't you say that about just about every Microsoft product?

3. thondwe

Forgotten Friends?

Seems like MS in the rush to the cloud hoped to get shot of System Centre, but then realised that maybe they couldn't. Stuck some 2022 (ish) sticking plasters on it and pushed it out the door?

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Alien

A simple question...

Does MS ever 'finish' a product before releasing it?

Or... is 50%/60%/70% complete good enough?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like