back to article Nestlé says it leaked its own test data, not Anonymous

Nestlé, which is to stop selling KitKats and other brands in Russia, says corporate data leaked online this week by Anonymous was not stolen nor all that useful. The hacktivist group boasted it had obtained and dumped on the internet 10GB of the multinational's records, including emails, passwords, and customer information, …

1. Claverhouse Silver badge
    WTF?

Michael Daniel, who led the Obama administration's cyber team and now serves as president of the Cyber Threat Alliance, as saying:

...an existential threat like what Russia poses to Ukraine

Shudders.

1. Jellied Eel Silver badge

Do as we do, not as we say. I guess Daniel never saw War Games. Or comments that NATO might consider hacking an act of agression. Or even incitement to commit illegal activity given hacking is still a crime in most countries.

Then again, perhaps war games are the future. Have a few UN designated war zones for trials by combat. Then war mongering politicians can fight things out instead of leaving the dying to their civilians. Would probably be self-financing via pay per view.

1. KBeee

I think the OP was commenting more about the gramma than the sentiment.

As Glenda Jackson said "Speak proper English, like what I do."

2. Toltec

"Nestlé business costumers"

Is this fancy dress for office parties or business wear in general do you think?

Hmm. Not sure spreadable chocolate would considered appropriate costumes at an office fancy dress party.

1. A Nother Handle

Surely chocolate at a Nestlé party means it's a work event, no?

Hold the door please, I've got a suitcase of wine for the meeting.

2. Psmo
          Windows

Depends on who. Mind bleach? Don't mind if I do.

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Have a break...

In a way, it's almost a shame the Nestle "breach" wasn't real. We could have a headline something like "Nestle Security team: Have a break, Have a Kwik Krap" in true El Reg style :-)

Re: Have a break...

Other junk foods are available. Like Roshen. A local Polish deli stocked that, and Ukrainian chocolate tasted waaay better than Nestle or Hershey. Probably due to cocoa content rather than being vaguely chocolate flavored vegetable fat. AFAIK, already banned in Russia though.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Have a break...

well, an interesting name, 'Roshen', eh? ;)

btw, they have (had?) a great store by Kyiv main train station, just sayin'...

3. TRT Silver badge

One of Nestle's brands is Purina...

And as we know they've been sponsoring Rebel Alliances for years now.

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Joke

"they've been sponsoring Rebel Alliances for years now"

I'm going to tell Chewbacca about your offensive and racist remarks regarding his diet. I hope you were finished using those arms.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We have already halted non-essential imports and exports

in general, making lots of noise to demonstrate we're doing the right thing and good guys and, when in fact, we're creating smoke screen to divert attention and could you please stop hurting our bottom line, please, please, we're an honest, family-based, hard-working, ethical, progressive, eco-friendly biz!

and as for diverting attention, well, look at Decathlon!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like