back to article Conti ransomware gang's source code leaked

Infamous ransomware group Conti is now the target of cyberattacks in the wake of its announcement late last week that it fully supports Russia's ongoing invasion of neighboring Ukraine, with the latest hit being the leaking of its source code for the public to see. This disclosure comes just days after an archive leaked …

1. Eclectic Man Silver badge

Bitcoin addresses

"Security researcher Bill Demirkapi translated the Russian chats into English. The leaks gave researchers a deep view into the ransomware group, including how it runs attacks and evades detection, how it's organized as a business and even bitcoin addresses."

I hope they alerted the relevant authorities in advance so the Bitcoin wallets involved could be seized before the miscreants were warned.

1. General Purpose

Re: Bitcoin addresses

I hope you don't think that knowing a bitcoin address enables seizure.

1. Eclectic Man Silver badge
        Facepalm

Re: Bitcoin addresses

D'oh!

What an idiot!

I'll just talk amongst myself... :o(

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

strike back

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” -Inigo Montoya

3. Potemkine! Silver badge

If there was any doubt, Conti removes it: the gang is Russian. And probably has connection with the Russian dictatorship.

Let's be clear: any company paying ransoms to these scum gangs is feeding the pocket of Putin Khuylo and can be considered as an accomplice.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Oooh, basement keyboard hackers are playing virtual soldier ! Fear the byte !

People are being killed in an unjustified agression and these clowns think they are contributing to "the war effort".

Conti states that it will retaliate against any agression of Russian IT. WTF do you think Russia has been doing for the past decade ?

You started this shit. It's a bit late to get all high and mighty about it.

1. Nursing A Semi

Re: Oooh, basement keyboard hackers are playing virtual soldier ! Fear the byte !

Yes you did you invaded Poland.. erm Ukraine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like