back to article Fail: Exam paper marked by Elon Musk up for auction

Elon Musk fans must be all a quiver this week as they finally have the chance to buy a collectible to slide under the bust of their idol's head: papers signed by the man himself. We're not sure what to use as the collective noun for Musk obsessives. Maybe a "delusion"? In the case of the auction, the items up for grabs are …

1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Thumb Up

His Holiness Elon Musk the First, God Emperor of Mars, Blessed be his name to all inferior mortals....

Commandment the First. All the Musk said and all the Musk did is sacred and shall never be contradicted, amended or changed. Punishment for transgressors will be to scale Olympus Mons in only Tesla branded Speedos.

Now lets get this Martian orbit changed to match scripture. Put yer backs into it lads.

1. disgruntled yank

@NoneSuch

Quite, but I was sorely disappointed to see that this wasn't from AManFromMars.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

> We're not sure what to use as the collective noun for Musk obsessives. Maybe a "delusion"?

Sallys, as in Musk Gang Sallys

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6CQ8DRWGN4)

3. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
    Thumb Up

To which McDowell responded drily: "Johannes Kepler."

An excellent come-back :-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm increasingly disliking the man

He clearly quite clever.

He also seems a bit of a dick and doesn't seem willing or capable of distancing himself from the being a dick bit.

I'm not clever, nothing I can do about that, but I do try to but a bit less of a dick every day.

It's a process, be a dick, get told you're a dick, don't do that dick thing again.

After 60 years of being told I'm a dick I'm getting closer to not being one.

It's asymptotic, I'll never get there, It seems he's not even trying.

1. werdsmith Silver badge

Re: I'm increasingly disliking the man

I believe he has an Asperger’s diagnosis, which this case manifests in what we see as loose cannon behaviour, if reports we get are true. Of course, it doesn’t affect all AS people in the same way and this is his way.

2. Piro Silver badge

I have the exact opposite opinion. He's a master troll, which I'm finding rather endearing.

Also, he's rich. Very rich. It insulates you from a lot of the everyday worries, such as caring about what people think on the internet.

1. Dale 3

You don't have to be rich to not care what people think on the internet. Not caring saves you an awful lot of bother.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

5. jmch Silver badge
    Devil

$4000??

This guy missed a trick, if instead of selling the paper he made an NFT of a photo of the paper he could sell it for at least 10 times as much!

6. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Coat

Yawn

Slow news day?

Coat - I don't know why I even took it off.

7. dotdavid
    Coat

To be fair

My car orbits the sun too.

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Happy

Re: To be fair

It also spins on it's own axis... offset by approximately 3960 miles!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like