back to article VMware recalls full vSphere update over driver dramas

VMware has removed its latest major vSphere release – Version 7, Update 3 – from its download service, citing driver interoperability problems that could cause failures during upgrades. The move follows last week's withdrawal of vSphere 7, Update 3b after it was found to have issues that made it hard to adopt high availability …

1. Richard 12 Silver badge

Did they test it at all?

This one feels like somebody hit the ship button without giving to QA at all.

It's not like this is rare hardware - and there aren't many supported NICs, anyway.

2. Jim Willsher

The update to Workstation last month shipped with the VM Compatibility dropdown displaying "Beta" instead of the actual version. So yes, VMWare's QA department seem to have gone AWOL.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. 43300 Silver badge

We installed version 3, then had the PSOD issue which has been noted elsewhere (it was related to thin provisioned disks on VMFS6 daatastores). Version 3a was claimed to fix that, and - so far - seems to have done so as the issue hasnt' returned since installing that. I held off on 3b.

4. Darkk

Lucky we're still on 7.0 Update 2d despite the warning of security issues and wanting us to upgrade to U3. I held off on the upgrade as was dealing with odd vCenter SSL cert issues and the stupid failed update from the previous version. Lucky it was an easy fix but made me weary of upgrading to anything new right now.

5. Dascott1966@aol.com

I am suprised theres been no article and global outcry about VMware de-supporting boot-from-SD Cards after 7.3

In almost 15 years working with ESXi 3.5 and onwards, all Dell and Cisco servers using ESXi have been using boot from SD Card.

We have 800 blades globally to replace boot media in before we can upgrade to 7.x so its an expensive shambles!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like