back to article Amazon CEO: Directors and team leaders will determine return to work policy for white collar workers

Amazon says team leaders will determine when white collar workers return to the office and how many days they'll be expected to be in. The megacorp originally intended to have staff back at their desks for around three days a week from September but delayed this to January 2022 following the rapid outbreak of the Delta variant …

1. Helstrom

"...we set previously for people got start returning to the office at least three days a week...”

All of that technology developed by Amazon and the CEO couldn't get his missive to the minions checked for grammar...

2. a_yank_lurker

Fairly Reasonable

The announced policy overall seems fairly reasonable overall. But the devil is always in the details.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having once had a manger who loved WFH

As long as it was him doing the WFH that is, you can paint me a tad sceptical. The remote work plan sounds reasonable. I was the Guinea Pig for that when I bagged myself a cheap hotel room in London. Lovely couple of weeks in the capital, early July, with the first being a remote working week. With that proven, the next experiment is a month somewhere warmer in the winter, scary variants and idiot governments notwithstanding. The only thing beloved employer is not so keen on is too drastic a time zone change. That’s Mexico out of the question.

Now me? Definite two days in the office each week, location and weather permitting. Not having to commute in bad weather works nicely.

4. BART BARFSALOT
    Devil

Pick a Finger

All of my work is in "The Cloud," so if the control-freak bit-chomper for whom I suffer demands this January anything counter to WFH, I'll tell her where to insert it.

5. fredesmite2
    Mushroom

days of being baby sat in a cube farm

are over .

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like