back to article Reg debate asks readers about their post pandemic status. Half ask, 'What status?'

This week, Register readers debated the motion The Pandemic improved the status of IT workers… forever. When we proposed the motion that The Pandemic Improved the Status of IT workers… Forever, we knew the debate was not going to be a theoretical one. Salary? Gratitude? Status? Respect? These are all part of daily working life …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"management never forgives and never forgets"

Oh yes it does. It'll completely forget all the all-nighters you've done and all the times you stayed after hours for no additional pay in order to make sure that everything would go well the next day for that very important presentation.

That is all water under the bridge, especially when review time comes.

But it will remember that one time you didn't manage to make the CEOs new bloody phone sychronize automatically with his company-based mail because you needed a bridge component the company didn't have.

That he will always remember.

1. Dark Eagle

Re: "management never forgives and never forgets"

But that is the case all the time, doesn't matter whether there is a pandemic or not.

2. Daedalus

They never forgive you pointing out a mistake. They never forget you making them look silly.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
        Thumb Up

Yep, that's what I was trying to say.

2. cyberdemon Silver badge
    Trollface

Clear as mud???

What? 367 vs 362 is a clear democratic majority! Any suggestion otherwise is an affront to democracy! The people have spoken!

1. Jason Hindle

Re: Clear as mud???

Agreed. The 362 should accept they lost and get over it. In fact, they should pull together with the majority and help the motion work lest they should be blamed for any possible failure*.

* Otherwise their will be Nays and other unspecified betrayers under every Yay's bed.

3. macjules

management is looking to drive the business forward with AI, IoT and Big Data.

This is where I usually email management a Dilbert cartoon

4. Daedalus

Daedelus ??

You'd think they'd at least spell my monicker right.

In a far distant time one of my aphorisms got printed in a book by a programming guru. He got my name wrong too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: Daedelus ??

> You'd think they'd at least spell my monicker right.

moniker

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like