back to article Parking is expensive. It can cost an arm, a leg, and a Windows licence

Sometimes only the freshest of borks will do, and sometimes the best laid plans of administrators can go awry. Windows activation bork Click to enlarge Windows, it seems, gets everywhere. This example, spotted by Register reader James, can be found in the Queen Anne Terrace car park, a 570-space facility in Cambridge with …

1. AndrueC Silver badge
    Facepalm

My colleagues and I went into Banbury for a team meal one time. When we got to the carpark the ticket machine wasn't dispensing tickets. After pressing a few buttons one of my colleagues made it start beeping incessantly so we quickly beat a retreat.

It's the software development team promise - we will make a difference!

:)

2. ITS Retired

Linux needs to advertise better.

Linux is much more stable, it won't do all the Bork Windows is capable of.

3. Danny 2

Buy petrol as normal, says government minister

That's the top BBC news website headline just now. Grant Shapps telling me to buy petrol as normal makes me want to panic buy petrol. I don't even own a car, but I may need it for Molotov cocktails in the subsequent riots. [Most dangerous Finnish invention after the sauna]

Food and energy prices are going up due to a national CO2 shortage. Wasn't a planned reduction in carbon dioxide behind the previous food and energy price hikes?

And Boris is at the UN dissing Kermit the Frog like his hero, Churchill the nodding dog. New coal mine, new oil field? We'll tell you right after COP26.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: Buy petrol as normal, says government minister

Grant Shapps telling me to buy petrol as normal makes me want to panic buy petrol. I don't even own a car

Same logic that led people to panic buy bog roll when there was no shortage. People can be amazingly stupid in groups.

Molotov cocktails in the subsequent riots. [Most dangerous Finnish invention after the sauna]

I think the Finns just gave it that name, in response to Russian bombing, but they didn't invent it.

due to a national CO2 shortage

So on the one hand we have too much of it in the air, but on the other we don't have enough to pack our food (and presumably release into the air later)? Is it really beyond our abilities to perhaps just extract it from the air & kill two birds with one (renewable) stone?

And Boris is at the UN dissing Kermit the Frog

Bit of a waste of time, Kermit's doing a fine job of it by himself.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Same logic that led people to panic buy bog roll when there was no shortage. People can be amazingly stupid in groups."

Exactly! There was no fuel shortage yesterday, just a very few filling stations running out and deliveries delayed a bit. Enter the Daily Mail and their ilk with headlines of "Britain Running On Empty" this morning and suddenly there's queues at most filling stations and suddenly there really is an actual fuel shortage at the point of sale. Most of the people filling up their tanks probably run half empty most of the time and fill up once a month. The school run and local commuters are probably wasting more by hauling 10 gallons of extra weight around on their 2-3 mile journies with a cold engine running rich and never getting warmed up.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

No queues in the morning. By the afternoon on my trip driving the village minibus Sainsbury's had run out in Chichester. Half mile queue on the A27 on the way too Littlehampton. Forgot about the one near the racetrack but it looked fairly clear (wrong lane). Bury had run out. Pulbrough queue of 3 so I filled up. However I wish overweight blokes would wear braces..... Five oaks runout of fuel... Adversane 1/4 mile queue...

The minibus rules say we have to fill up when the guage reaches a certain point as we are in a rural location.

2. David Hicklin Bronze badge

Molotov cocktails in the subsequent riots. [Most dangerous Finnish invention after the sauna]

I think the Finns just gave it that name, in response to Russian bombing, but they didn't invent it.

I think they did name it that after the Russian foreign minister Vyacheslav Molotov.

2. JJKing
      Coat

in the subsequent riots. [Most dangerous Finnish invention after the sauna]

The Finns invented riots? Learn something new here all the time.

3. TheProf
      Paris Hilton

Non sequitur

1. ortunk

Penis bonus pax in domus

4. paddy carroll 1

Its a sh1t place to park

Or try to charge your electric vehicle, bp charge master, polar, whatever they are called these days run that bit; rebranding - their favourite ruse can't cover up their gross incompetence and spectacularly bad customer service

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like