back to article Thief milks CREAM Finance for $18m+ in cryptocurrency after spotting security bug

CREAM Finance, a decentralized loan platform, lost at least $18m in cryptocurrency on Monday to an unidentified thief. The biz's name stands for Crypto Rules Everything Around Me, which evidently overstates the lending operation's control over its funds. "CREAM v1 market on Ethereum has suffered an exploit, resulting in a …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

When will they ever learn?

With apologies to Peter, Paul, and Mary

Where has all the crypto gone, not long passing?

Where has all the crypto gone, not long ago?

Where has all the crypto gone?

Thieves have hacked them, every one

When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: When will they ever learn?

Don't have a cow, man. If you get this cheesed off by such a drop in the bucket then you're sure to get curdled when it all goes to hell & you lose your wey. *Cough* I'll get my coat, it's the one with the pockets full of udderly terrible puns. =-)p

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Trollface

"CREAM Finance [..] lost at least $18m in cryptocurrency on Monday to an unidentified thief"

What ? A thief ?

But I thought up to $60 million you were now called a White Hat.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ha ha

Could really do with a Nelson from the Simpsons icon for crypto fail stories

Taking a maxim i live my life by "Your only as smart as your dumbest bug" i think works here "Your contract is only as smart as its dumbest bug"

4. Dadz

bug bounty

It was obviously a bug bounty auto-pay smart contract. Find the bug in the code, be paid $18 million per the code. Fair's fair

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like