back to article 'Totally driven by supply': Dell, HP talk of backlogs and shortages as big PC-makers turn in their numbers

"Today, our business is totally driven by supply." These were the words of HP Inc CEO Enrique Lores as both HP and Dell - two of the biggest PC-makers in the world - raised concerns over ongoing component shortages when they reported their July quarters yesterday. The Palo Alto firm cited "unprecedented demand... ahead of …

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Worried about the supply chain?

Maybe supply chains that deliver just in time with travel distances of thousands and thousands of miles might have a flaw? A slight... weakness?

But what do I know.

2. redpawn

If only I had a new computer...

Sorry, I'm at a loss for words.

3. Richard 12 Silver badge

Their shares fell?

Surely the stock markets had already priced in these supply chain issues, as they've been well known for months.

Or are stock traders actually unable to do that, are no better than an RNG so should be paid the same.

Ah yes, plenty of research proving the latter.

1. Captain Scarlet
      Unhappy

Re: Their shares fell?

Anyone ordering direct has known for over a year, current USB-C to ethernet adapters taking the longest.

Hopefully our order will arrive eventually.

4. teknopaul

New word

"an ERP _upgrade_ that affected order allocations and the business's ability to forecast."

I think we need a new word: installing the latest version of some software and in doing so screwing your ability to do bizniz is not really an "upgrade" .

How about...

Yesterday Sublimetext degraded? | ungraded? | off graded? | umpgraded? | oopsgraded? to version 4 and broke all my plugins.

Whatever happened it refuses to be downgraded|backgraded|reupforegraded back into a working state.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like