back to article Mirai-style IoT botnet is now scanning for router-pwning critical vuln in Realtek kit

A denial-of-service vulnerability affecting SDKs for Realtek chipsets used in 65 vendors' IoT devices has been incorporated into a son-of-Mirai botnet, according to new research. The remote code execution flaw, CVE-2021-35395, was seen in Mirai malware binaries by threat intel firm Radware, which "found that new malware …

1. a pressbutton

and when it gets enough nodes they will include an alphago analog so it works out new vulns for them.

what could go wrong?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wot?

"A denial-of-service vulnerability affecting SDKs for Realtek chipsets used in 65 vendors' IoT devices has been incorporated into a son-of-Mirai botnet, according to new research."

Software Development Kits don't have vulnerabilities, per se. They might facilitate them by being shit. What I really need to hear is what is affected and why.

Let's consider concrete cancer (c.) c is caused by x,y,z and a published paper (a for article) describes x,y,z and also waffles on about w. Does a cause concrete cancer? No of course not - it only discusses it. What on earth is w? For that matter, what on earth is concrete cancer? Oh and whilst we are at it are you sure that only x,y,z are causes and not symptoms and is w really involved because it seems unlikely. Also I've heard about v, what's that all about?

Search the term "concrete cancer" and you'll get a few

I've abused several letters and asked them to duck and weave. desultory results. Nothing to do with the real thing.

The map cracking is nasty. The funny thing is that the "cancerous" matrix is actually stronger (tougher) than the proper thing but it swells and other nasty things. Stress and strain, stress and strain - that's what an engineer worries about. If you have done some simple searches on the term "concrete cancer" you will find all sorts of pages that have nothing to do with the real thing. CC is not simply "spalling" it is a chemical reaction that fucks up the matrix that holds the aggregate in place. It could cause multistorey CPs in Plymouth to explode (Drakes Circus) except the concept was quite well worked out in the same town. Physician heal thyself!

I picked on conc cancer because I know about it - I own an IT company and ... oh have a HND in Civ Eng from Plymouth Poly err Polytechnic of the South West or is it the University of Plymouth?

So, what is broken? Is it actually the code in place and not the SDK? Why is a SDK even mentioned?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like