back to article HPE UK sales crash after infrastructure projects delayed, but PC-flinging HP Inc watches Brit biz rise

Hewlett Packard Enterprise's UK operation recorded a 20 per cent slide in revenues during pandemic-struck 2020, according to the latest filing at Companies House. The business, which sells a range of infrastructure gear and related services, turned over £837.7m in sales for the fiscal '20 ended 31 October as customers sent …

1. David Austin

" improving our service delivery for higher quality and lower cost"

Pick one - you can't have both, no matter what the bean counters tell you.

1. AndyFl

Re: " improving our service delivery for higher quality and lower cost"

Or more probably you can't have either!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: " improving our service delivery for higher quality and lower cost"

And quicker. They forgot that. Or perhaps they didn't ....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Company sells less during a global pandemic" ... suspect this headline will apply to rather a lot of companies.

3. batfink

The magic words

"Reduction in headcount in R&D".

What could possibly go wrong with that?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

breakdown ... not provided ?

"A breakdown of the revenue haul between the product types, or "segmental analysis", was not provided as the directors felt "any disclosure would be seriously prejudicial to the interests of the company."

Interesting. I'll think of responding that to customers asking for breakdown of prices, for better visibility. Not sure it's gonna fly !

" It did but that didn't stop AWS, Microsoft, Google, and others from expanding rapidly."

Sure, but the comparison is unfair. Cloud providers' model is by definition not on prem, contrary to HPE.

5. WhereAmI?

Over-priced and under-specced

Won't go near any HP kit for that very reason. Then there was the time that the company I worked for ordered almost a hundred PCs from HP as part of an update and new rollout pushed mainly by the millenium bug. We were given a delivery date, so we pushed ahead with the ground work to get everything rolled out as quickly as possible. Three days before delivery HP contacted us to say that they wouldn't be able to deliver the quantity ordered. Actually, they wouldn't be able to deliver a single PC. Why not?

They'd sold them to someone else who'd put in a bigger order.

UFW????????

Never had HP kit anywhere else I've worked and sure as Easter loves eggs, you'll never find any of their kit in my house.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Over-priced and under-specced

I used to work at HP and both my kids have Macs. "How can we buy a PC, let alone a HP PC when we've heard you yelling and screaming at HP Support so many times. And you're a director there." Point taken.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like