back to article Facebook tries to save face by recalling itch-inducing Oculus Quest 2 VR headset foam

Before Facebook can "bring the metaverse to life," it will first have to deal with customers dismantling their Oculus Quest 2 VR headsets for repairs because their faces have been irritated. The web titan's Oculus subsidiary on Tuesday issued a voluntary recall notice in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yes, I got that too..

.. but that's because Facebook always brings me out in a rash. I don't even need Oculus for that.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes, I got that too..

The guy below you made this joke too

Nice work. I bet you use the word padawan.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes, I got that too..

You may want to work on your analytical skills. Actually, maybe find them first, install them and see if they're actually willing to be enabled - there is reason to believe it may not take.

Ever heard of the concept of time, and how, for most of us mortals, it flows in one particular direction unless we're on spectacularly potent drugs which are mostly of the illegal kind?

Did you notice, oh wise one, that the joke you're keen to denigrate was not only the first so made, but even an article first post?

No? Thought so.

Here's a tip: best post AFTER you had your first coffee :)

2. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Sore

My privacy parts always feel sore after visiting Facebook.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sore

Yes, someone else made this joke.

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Facepalm

Facebork

Quite literally

4. Potemkine! Silver badge

Did you take your cup of PR BS today?

These experts have advised that skin irritation can occur in some segments of the population from many household items – even things like tomatoes or shampoo – and that the rates we’ve seen are in line with expectations"

Rule #1: never confess you were wrong

We are doing so in response to reports from a very small percentage of users who have experienced skin irritation

Rule #5: always minimize your implication.

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

Re: Did you take your cup of PR BS today?

Rule #1: Facebook is always right!

Rule #2: When Facebook is wrong Rule #1 applies!

5. 89724102172714182892114I7551670349743096734346773478647892349863592355648544996312855148587659264921

Mine is the wool filled futon

Many of the chemicals used in the manufacture of such foams, have never been tested for safety... and includes foams used in most bed mattresses, the fumes of which you all inhale for about 6 to 8 hours a night.

6. Flywheel
    Facepalm

" It looks like you have a skin allergy! Why not try this magic skin creme also used and endorsed by thousands of Oculus users, like you"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like