back to article Microsoft's new 'power app converging model' hits public preview with Custom Pages

Microsoft's Custom Pages, an effort to converge its two different low-code Power App platforms, are now in public preview - though it is more hybrid than truly converged. Principal program manager Adrian Orth said that the preview is a "a big leap forward in the convergence of model-driven apps and canvas apps into a single …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So many alarm bells going off.

2. elsergiovolador Silver badge

Lock in

To be fair I think these platforms should be mandated by law to be opened up.

Companies that develop a product, often cannot afford to build it for macOS and Linux at the same time. Usually what consumer or business gets is a choice between Windows and macOS.

I still have to maintain a Windows machine, because the software I use doesn't exist on Linux, because there is a catch 22. They probably could create a Linux version, but since people keep having a Windows machine, there is no incentive. If they were able to just recompile the product to a different OS, that would be very empowering to the consumer.

1. ConsumedByFire

Re: Lock in

These are web based apps . . .

They srill lock you in but to a cloud service not a desktop environment.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like