back to article Cybercriminals took advantage of WFH to target financial services companies, say financial bods

Criminals targeted security gaps at financial services firms as their staff moved to working from home, according to a report issued by the international Financial Stability Board (FSB) on Tuesday. Established after the G20 London summit in April 2009, the FSB makes recommendations about the global financial system and …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"Any analysis at this stage needs to bear in mind that the pandemic is not yet over"

Not by a long shot.

We're now being told, in France, that a fourth wave is going to happen. The D variant is, apparently, much more contagious.

Despite all the vaccinations.

All of this is just an excuse to force people to get vaccinated whether they want to or not. Macron has pleged billions to the pharma companies, so now we are marched to the needle despite all Constitutional and Human Rights arguments.

I am sick of my government changing its tune like a weathervane.

Pick a path and stick to it, for frak's sake.

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: "Any analysis at this stage needs to bear in mind that the pandemic is not yet over"

Those who are being infected and 99% of those dying from the virus and it's latest variation, have not been vaccinated.

Try paying attention to respectable news services.

2. Nifty Silver badge

"Workers at home were targeted with phishing, malware and ransomware"

And if these workers had been working at work, the crims wouldn't have been targeting them?

The main new available vector was corporate VPNs - there seems to be no detail on whether VPNs were really a successful point of cybercrim entry though.

A secondary new vector would be BYOD at home. Again, where's the detail?

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Having supported my share of home workers, they are the perfect targets.

Little to none security, security updates or much of anything else. But they WILL call to figure out why their ISP isn't working. I smile every time I tell them there is not a damn thing I can do about their ISP or home modem/router as it's not company kit.

3. Claptrap314 Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

In other news..

Water is wet. The sky is blue. The Pope is Catholic, and Willie Sutton robs banks because that is where the money is.

Is there ANYTHING of interest in this report?

1. ecofeco Silver badge

Re: In other news..

Reminders that users are never to be trusted with security is always useful.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like