back to article Audacity fork maintainer quits after alleged harassment by 4chan losers who took issue with 'Tenacity' name

Efforts to wrest control of the open-source Audacity audio editing project from corporate owner Muse Group have hit a stumbling block after the maintainer of one of the more popular forks stepped down over alleged physical harassment. The trouble began when the two-decade-old Audacity project was acquired by Muse Group in May …

1. macjules
    WTF?

Seriously?

Someone does not like a name for a project so physically goes round to your home and threatens you?

That person (persons?) needs to be in a mental institution, and the quicker the better.

1. WmK

Re: Seriously?

Well, as the article says, 'a search of the forum shows no evidence of cookiengineer's address details being shared nor calls for physical violence'. Not sure how that tallies with the claim, but I guess the police will sort it out.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I would expect the 4chan cretins to do the dirty on private messenger apps - this won't have been their first rodeo when it comes to harassing people.

(Posting anon for obvious reasons).

2. russmichaels

So you do realis ethat Forums are not the only way that people can communicate right?

there is email, numerous messengers and of course the classic, the telephone.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

These are anonymous posters on 4chan. The only way they could collaborate is if they communicate ON 4chan. Therefore people harassed them of their own accord.

Also, and most importantly, sneedacity won the poll fair and square.

The community decided sneedacity was the best name and cookiengineer refused to accept that.

Voting on a poll is not harassment and that is nearly all that was organized on 4chan.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

"His Gaff, his rules". It's not a bloody election. All they had to do was fork it themselves, which they did.

Can't believe you are sticking up for them. If it was just "voting on a poll", this wouldn't be a story.

2. bombastic bob Silver badge
            Unhappy

part of what you said is true: These are anonymous posters on 4chan.

Other than that... no.

It would be very very easy to set up clandestine communication channels via various means on a board like 4chan, anonymous or otherwise. Threads are often deleted so that there is no history (to the best of my knowledge) and are not archived. And, a thread that dox's or points to a video that dox's or calls for harassment would probably be deleted (I suspect they don't keep good logs, deliberately). So any posted IRC channels or messaging info or even a graphic with steganography embedded within it might easily have disappeared without a trace.

When anyone can post anything anonymously, this potential for using the platform to do something illegal or abusive is always there.

1. Potemkine! Silver badge

When anyone can post anything anonymously, this potential for using the platform to do something illegal or abusive is always there.

The Chinese dictatorship approves you.

Anonymity is a shield against the Tyranny of the majority. If 'cookiengineer' could have stayed anonymous, he wouldn't have been harassed IRL.

3. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Anonymity! Jyyeah!

Dear 4channer, please remember to log in before posting.

2. msknight

Sadly, judging by the way the world is going now, we are already living in a global mental institution and the safest place to be, is in a room with padded walls.

1. Anonymous Coward Silver badge
        Alien

The place is called "The Outside of the Asylum" and it's where Wonko The Sane lives.

3. Ozzard
      Boffin

Assume one person in 100,000 is sad enough to do something like this.

Assume you are in a city of 1 million people.

The law of large numbers applies, unfortunately.

4. Snake Silver badge

Re: physical harassment

And this is why [you] have a good sized piece of (insulating) land, "No Trespassing" signs, and a shotgun...

1. gnasher729 Silver badge

Since BKA is getting involved, this would be in Germany; no shotguns for you,

1. Ben Tasker

Which is just as well.

If someones nutty enough to turn up with a knife over this, they'd likely just as happily turn up with a firearm if one were available.

Firearms _might_ be a deterrent for rational criminals (even that's debatable) but they do nothing for nutjobs other than to add a tool to their belt.

2. Cederic Silver badge

You can own a shotgun in Germany. You'll need a firearms licence, but if that's not a formality then you probably shouldn't have one anyway.

2. chivo243 Silver badge
        Thumb Up

And a sign that reads: No warning shots will be fired, AMMO is not cheap!

1. EnviableOne

Trespassers will be shot, survivors...

Will be shot again

Pirate

And a sign that reads: No warning shots will be fired, AMMO is not cheap!

I hadn't seen that one.

As for applicable warning signs, I just thought another one up:

"WARNING: i am extremely talented and can easily build a proper flamethrower in a very short time with available household materials. Do NOT tempt me!"

or something like that. Kinda like that FPS Russia video with the flamethrowers. "For home defense"

(apparently legal to own in most of the USA, but probably not Germany)

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

> Kinda like that FPS Russia video with the flamethrowers. "For home defense"

ITYM South Africa, for car defense

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Someone does not like a name for a project so physically goes round to your home and threatens you?

That person (persons?) needs to be in a mental institution, and the quicker the better.

Agreed on that, and...

Downvoters on that post = 4chan members

(also anon for obvious reasons)

Also, predict that this thread will be full of anonymous cowards.

1. A.P. Veening Silver badge

Also, predict that this thread will be full of anonymous cowards.

And you did your part in making that a self fulfilling prophecy.

7. Geoffrey W

RE: "Someone does not like a name for a project so physically goes round to your home and threatens you?"

My reading of the article is that the 4chan choice - Sneedacity, which is almost as stupid as Boaty McBoatface - won in a poll of users for a new name, then the poll was rejected (rightly IMHO, YMMV) and Tenacity used instead. So the babies at 4chan had a tantrum. You involve the general internet denizens in your affairs at your peril. The internet is as unpredictable as a crocodile floating in the river; Or as predictable in it's unpredictability. You know you're going to get bitten, you just don't know where or when. Roll the dice and say something on the internet - Perhaps you'll be the lucky loser today! Good luck!

1. jake Silver badge

Substitute "The Internet" for "Usenet" in the following:

"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." —Gene Spafford, 1992

1. Geoffrey W

Hey! Don't you be dissing my beloved Usenet! You'll be maligning IRC next. Scandalous!

There is one huge difference between Usenet and the Internet; Usenet, and IRC, are comprised of a relatively small subset of humanity drawn from a tech aware set of elites...mostly... The WWW, represented by Facebook et all, are drawn from pretty much all of humanity, and there are vastly more unstable and idiotic individuals there who can be relied on to be unstable and idiotic in public.

Like the quote, though some of the imagery is a bit...iffy... :-)

The version i heard was "projectile diarrhoea", which is even more of an image to process (never stand behind an elephant getting an enema - and don't look up the story)

1. W.S.Gosset

If you're standing behind an elephant getting an enema, I'd advise not looking up ANY thing.

2. W.S.Gosset
            Megaphone

You're thinking of the olden days when BIFF was the exception. On the web, he is TEH ROOOLAR!

BIFF!

But as regards the rise of the idiot on the net, contrast the above link still roughly how I wrote it, vs its current incarnation. (l33tspk is now "typography"??)

Hey ho, at least that magnificent (and real) .sig still remains.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: That person (persons?) needs to be in a mental institution, and the quicker the better.

there are over 7 bn people in this world, unfortunately, a large proportion is idiots, and within that group alone, boy, the scale goes not only from 1 - 1000, but in all possible dimensions :(

1. chivo243 Silver badge
        Stop

Re: That person (persons?) needs to be in a mental institution, and the quicker the better.

Too many people exchanging conflicting information too quickly, some people will believe anything. Quite sad in the long run.

9. Warm Braw

Someone does not like X and threatens you?

Have you met the Internet?

1. heyrick Silver badge

"Have you met the Internet?"

A little black box with a blinking red light?

10. Muppet Boss

>That person (persons?) needs to be in a mental institution, and the quicker the better.

Further clarification in the aforementioned Github issue states that there was a knife attack and the victim perceived it as the intent to kill. A lone psycho or a criminal gang, this seems to be serious and worthy of police investigation.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
        Black Helicopters

unless more than one person is involved, lone psycho is probably right.

It wouldn't be the first (alleged) lone psycho that posted regularly to the 4chan board to go off the rails and hurt/kill people. I recall some idiot in either AU or NZ that went on a killing spree a couple of years ago, was called "an accelerationist" and had regularly posted a bunch of wacko stuff on 4chan, even had a manifesto, etc.. 1 out of millions of regular people who just want to vent or discuss their favorite anime, THAT guy was apparently a TRUE psychopath. His Darwin award was 'Death by Cop' as I recall, or maybe he did himself...

(And what we do not want is for IRL harassment to accelerate into something far worse, and criminals usually leave evidence, and so I hope the cops in DE catch the perp(s))

black helicopter icon for the fun

2. knarf

The Audacity of them!!!

Don't think they'd do this in Texas or other stand your ground states.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The Audacity of them!!!

Nope, the Texas branch of 4Chan would simply burn your house down.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Or SWAT you.

1. Geoffrey W

Probably both, then dance on the ashes singing a hymn and tossing their 10 gallon hats in the air displaying to us all their righteous wonderfulness - Stereotypes? Stereotypes only become stereotypes by being often seen.

2. iron Silver badge

Instead they will just SWAT you and get you killed by your own cops.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Of course they wouldn't do that it stand your ground states. In such states, they'd have turned up with a gun and shot him whilst he slept.

Stand Your Ground laws give people a license to kill, allowing those who shoot others to obtain immunity, even if they started the confrontation and even when they can safely de-escalate the situation by walking away. Stand Your Ground laws are inherently dangerous because they change the nature of gun violence in a state by encouraging escalations of violence and, according to research, do nothing to deter overall crime - https://everytownresearch.org/report/stand-your-ground-laws-are-a-license-to-kill/

Meh

although your initial point was good, I have to disagree with the quoted part. I personally believe that a "peace through strength" strategy works, not only for personal defense, but for nations as well. Not debating it, just saying. In short: a criminal sees ME, very unlikely to attack. And two female relatives of mine carry pepper spray in their purses (which I initlally gave them). (Another female relative is a cop, she carries a pistol).

But if you want proof, try going to a big city in "certain areas" and act like you're a tourist, vs acting like you at least have some "street smarts". Criminals look for the easy targets and avoid the ones who look like they're capable of defending themselves (and are more than willing to do so).

(so a half an upvote because I liked the first part)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe we should set up a poll to rename 4chan and get the name SadLoosersChan to win and see how they react to that?

1. Anonymous Coward
      1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Unfortunately, I suspect there are more than 4 of them...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Hmm but what if 4 = for?

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Or 4=Fore.

But then, 4Skins might be a better moniker.

1. martyn.hare
              Trollface

How about Channel 4?

‘cause the only thing worse than a Karen is a Cathy

2. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

>4Skins

Evil evil evil !!

3. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

You'll only get the gullible cunts buying into another Q like conspiracy - they'll be talking about how the world'll be different after the great circumcision.

Anon, cos I've better things to do than deal with stropping 12yr olds

Trollface

they'll be talking about how the world'll be different after the great circumcision.

too late (only it'd probably be UN-circumcision)

4. karlkarl Silver badge

Is there a reason the 4chan guys are defending Muse Group?

Is this kind of like a form of stockholme syndrome or if a company treats you mean you revere them higher on a pedestal? I do see that a little with Valve and their fairly stringent Steam DRM platform.

Or are they projecting their own inadequacy? They can't hope to ever break free of corporate / consumer control measures and so simply do not understand that others who are more technologically capable can manage and thus get jealous? Again, you see this a little bit in the Linux communities when someone tries to get away from proprietary blobs like Nvidia's.

Possibly there is enough weird human behaviour here to undertake a psychology doctorate on ;)

1. Robert Grant

They aren't defending them. See the article for details.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Politics aside, and sadly at the same time, this might make the Tenacity fork popular enough to become the main fork. Or at least make other forks visible or even to some simply the visibility of free audio software. Audacity really is spinning down the drain quickly and it's clear that any bad news is not good news.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Don't mess with Vlad McVladface?

After Trump, anything's possible. Trump was part of Putin's neofascist alliance, and some of his strongest supporters came from 4chan ("The Donald"), 8chan, and 8kun. Incel white boys are likely to behave like that, taking stupid things like a fork name seriously, or attacking a fork of a program now owned by Russians. The whole QAnon thing, which has become a religion worshiping Trump, was created there by 8kun's owner Jim Watkins, who pretends to be the secret agent Q. And Muse Group is actually Russian, hence the Yandex link, and thus possible telemetry into FSB.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Don't mess with Vlad McVladface?

Ron, Jim's son, is apparently the "brains" behind the Qposts. Jim is probably too busy dealing with his pig, restaurant and pR0n businesses.

Pirate

AC, that post was worthy of 4chan/pol/

It serves as a good example of what you typically find there.

3. Alan Brown Silver badge

And here I was thinking that Q's sole reason for existing was to annoy Picard

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They are doing it for the luls, so to speak.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Audacity seemed like a natural enough fit"

... for commercial software and free labor.

6. jason_derp

A bizarre target

It must be a slow week for news. The 4chan peeps normally pick something a bit bigger to care about, and the escalation seems wildly disproportionate for them.

7. rsmith94

Hello, 4chan user here.

This article does a great job of summarizing cookiengineer (the maintainer's) claims, but there are two sides to every story. I will not make any assertions, but simply offer my own perspective:

Cookie opened a poll to vote for the name of his audacity fork, and himself added the option "sneedacity". This name is a 4chan meme so naturally the presence of this option resulted in the poll being raided by 4chan members to vote it to the top.

As far as I am aware, this is as far as 4chan went in terms of "harassment". We spammed a poll and left some funny comments. Anything further than this is, from my own observations, a complete fabrication. I was reading through all of threads and not once did I see anyone posting cookie's personal information or calling for him to be harassed. Everything that he is claiming to happen to him is crazy and has no reflection on what was actually being discussed in the threads.

He has yet to provide any proof for any of these claims of harassment he has made, but yet every 4chan thread is fully archived and easily accessible if anyone wishes to view them.

He has also made multiple claims that contradict each other and then deleted them when called out. A few have been summarised by someone on reddit:

https://www.reddit (dot) com/r/programming/comments/of7sdz/4chan_harassment_prompts_maintainer_of_most/h4bkk71/

Again I am only my view of what I have personally witnessed, I will let the reader make up his or her own mind.

1. Ahosewithnoname

I think the commentards on here have already made up their own minds

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

> He has yet to provide any proof for any of these claims of harassment he has made

I know this is the internet and we all like to see proof, but he's under no duty to prove any of his claims to you, me or 4chan.

If people *are* turning up at his house, then the only people he needs to show proof to are the cops. If anyone is turning up at his house (let alone armed), then they entirely deserve what they get.

It's possible he's making it up, but 4chan's history and reputation really works against it here, the claims are entirely believable.

Of course, this could also be a false flag - 4chan generating fake news about 4chan...

1. rsmith94

>4chan's history and reputation

4chan users do not have a reputation of killing people or committing terrorism. Meanwhile multiple mass shootings have been streamed on facebook, and twitter was used as a recruiting tool for ISIS.

Why do you group all 4chan users under what a handful of bad apples do but would never do the same for any other social media site?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

> 4chan users do not have a reputation of killing people or committing terrorism.

They do, however, have a reputation for brigading and causing a general nuisance of themselves.

4chan also has it's fair share of

- out and out incels

- nutjob level right wingers

- edgelords

- general twats

The first two have previously been linked to acts/plans of domestic terrorism, whilst the latter two just contribute to the rep

> Why do you group all 4chan users under what a handful of bad apples do but would never do the same for any other social media site?

Because the perception is that 4chan is primarily comprised of shitheads, a perception earned in no small part by previous behaviour.

You know what a handful of bad apples do in that saying? They spoil the barrel.

Actually, in 4chan's case the neighbouring barrels have probably help contaminate it's reputation. Most people don't know (or care about) the difference in ethos between 4chan and 8kun, for example. In fact, if they have heard of it, the bit they'll probably remember is a bunch of 4chan users wanted to post child porn.

Twitter and Facebook are no utopia, but the userbase and usage isn't primarily shit posts.

Context is also quite important here. User base (allegedly) harassed someone for being muslim? Could be a FB group, sub-reddit etc.

Userbase (allegedly) harassed a dev for not going with the userbase's preferred name? C'mon, that's pure 4chan. Turning up with a knife might not be, but if you've enough users at least one of them is going to be a mental dickhead.

4chan is what it is (and some of it has been great), can hardly complain that they're - at best - associated with sometimes being a bit of a nuisance.

2. jgard

That comparison makes about as much sense as Rudy Giuliani saying he doesn't use hair dye. You should look up the fallacy of false equivalence.

If you want to see beautiful women in beautiful places, with perfect lives, doing yoga and eating salad, you got to instagram.

If you wanna hang with resentful, angry, immature, spiteful, sad cases - who project their self-loathing and sexual frustration on others - you hang out on 4chan.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The fact that so far there hasn't been a police press release about the assault and that he spent the day posting on github, reddit and twitter after he was he was supposedly cut with a knife in his own home make his claims seem a bit dubious. Heidelberg isn't Lagos or Chicago, three people breaking into someone's home in order to attack them with a knife in front of their family would be a big deal there.

"The fact that so far there hasn't been a police press release about the assault"

Says that he isn't in the USA. In most civilised countries the police seldom post about such things unless it happened in a public space - until well AFTER the court case

German police have privacy laws to respect. Big deal or not, they don't post about aggaravated tresspass/assault incidents, Look it up in the court reports instead

Even in the USA, if the people involved don't want it publicised, it doesn't get publicised. I know of a number of pre-4chan incidents relating to IRC which never made media releases, including one psychopath skiddie who's managed to spend considerable time in federal accomodation for attempting to murder the FBI agent investigating death threats he'd been making (afaik he's still there and keeps managing to do things to extend his stay)

3. jason_derp

"As far as I am aware, this is as far as 4chan went in terms of "harassment"."

That sounds more believable. After a while you get a sort of 'feel' who for how 4channers operate, and this story seems slightly bullshit.

It sounds like how my grandpa would describe "surfing the web" in the 90s, imagining a photorealistic avatar of me with mirrorshades on a hover board, surfing my way to AltaVista. Like, in the sense of "it's 4chan! That's how those psychos work! Go ahead, look it up! I understand 4chan!" In reality, you have to really screw up to provoke random channers to come and TRY TO STAB YOU.

It's all a bit suspect it's what I'm saying. Assuming he's not lying is the correct course of action until proven otherwise, obviously. It very well could have all happened, telcos don't ask for a psych evaluation before you sign a service contract. However, I am not going to be surprised if we find out this is a shitpost gone too far in a week or so.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

When commenting, I like to be constructive or at least offer a relatively intelligent response. But all I can offer here, is that if you are an adult and spend time on 4chan, you would benefit hugely by ceasing your use of the site, growing up and getting a life. That unsolicited advice is offered with true sincerity. Seriously, it will do you and those around you the world of good.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So here's a recap of what actually happened:

Telemetry was added to Audacity. Some webdev named cookiengineer on GitHub forks Audacity. He makes a poll for how the fork should be named as a GitHub issue where you vote with reactions.

Someone posts "Sneedacity" on the poll issue and then makes a thread on /g/ telling people to vote for Sneedacity.

So people vote for it, a couple idiots spam "sneed".

Then cookiengineer turns out to be mentally ill, claims that 4chan is harassing him, makes it sound like all 200,000+ active 4chan users are after his life, posts on Twitter and HackerNews, claims that 4chan found his phone number and address

Literally none of that happened in any of the threads on /g/.

He claimed that he was mass-called and got spammed SMS on his Pinephone: first says on Twitter that he's glad his Pinephone didn't crash, then, when a well-disguised /g/ troll asks him on his HackerNews thread the list of phone numbers that spammed him (pretended that he wanted to block them on his phone), he said that his Pinephone couldn't handle all the calls and SMS and kept crashing so he "had to reflash the device". Caught red-handed contradicting himself.

He deleted his tweets when people shown that he's contradicting them.

Then he actively asked people to mass-report the Sneeds-Feed-and-Seed/sneedacity GitHub repo (/g/ ended up making its own Audacity fork) and its contributors, which is a violation of the GitHub Community Guidelines.

Also claims that 4chan stabbed him with a butterfly knife (no joke).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I see no contradiction there. It could have crashed after he first said about the spam but before he was asked for the numbers.

2. jgard

Hmmmm..... The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

Devil

I think most of it is just a bunch of bored people being as anti-woke as possible.

except for the occasional psychopath, that is. That actually happens.

9. JWLong

My Fork

All ready downloaded V.2 and 3 blobs and stuffed them in deep storage.

I will name them anything I want, I was thinking "Classicdacity". Just for my personal use you know!.

/sarcasm

If someone wants to show up at my door over this, please do. I live on the Palouse, literally thousands of square miles of future burial ground.

/end sarcasm

This whole thing over a name is pretty stupid.

10. Richocet

Appropriate response

While the "shoot them" advice is excessive and unrealistic for Germany (thank you Americans), putting them in a mental asylum is too lenient (if they are guilty).

Going to someone's home and threatening then cutting them with an illegal weapon is a serious offense.

1. cosmodrome

Re: Appropriate response

You don't seem to know how the German system of "Massregelvollzug" works. I'd hardly call a system "lenient" that will basically put you away for undisclosed time - which is often enough forever. You don't just have to do the time you got sentenced to there but they'll keep you until some shrink diagnoses you as no longer "dangerous". It is an open secret that these institutions have a selected hand full of "experts" that will diagnose whatever the instutions' medical lead says.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Appropriate response

There's a chance that they could be "cured" in a few months if they do not have access to 4Chan while inside.

Though that will probably be undone when they are released and get internet access again.

11. cd

They could name it Tubacity, that's how I pronounce Tuba City, AZ when I drive through. No one else using it and it sounds close.

Thumb Up

A tuba is also a musical instrument. I like it.

Then you make an icon for it that looks like an audio tube, making it a multi-level pun.

12. Intractable Potsherd

Shouting into the void

It's probably a waste of time to say this, but why don't we all step back and wait for further information? This is a weird story that is apparently being investigated by the police. It may be true in full, in part, or not at all. The original article simply states what has been alleged with no corroborating evidence at the moment. Sit back, keep an eye on the headlines, and wait for more to come.

13. Cynic_999

Why the age restriction?

I have tried but failed to think of any reason, no matter how misguided, why anyone would believe that children should not have access to an audio editor. Anyone know the stated justification for the age restriction?

1. John Gamble

Re: Why the age restriction?

There's only speculation, but it might be that with the license change and the addition of telemetry, there was the possibility of violating GDPR rules (acquiring data, no matter how anonymized, from a minor).

But: I haven't seen a real lawyer chime in; Muse Group hasn't demonstrated a competent understanding of US or EU laws so far; they keep playing keep-away with the licensing agreements (so who knows what's going to apply next week); and honestly it just may be plain stupidity on their part.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Maybe international compliance is today's excuse, but I'm pretty sure it's just primer for "micro-transactions".

Sony and Microsoft (even Sega) started their online gaming services back in 1999/2000 without age restriction, but once micro-transactions came into birth, Sony and Microsoft changed to "13+ with parental supervision" (or something similar you've read before).

3. EnviableOne

it's in regard to their supposedly coming online platform, and related to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act or (COPPA)

As COPPA doesn't allow storing details of under 13s without "verifiable consent from a parent or guardian," so they are pre-empting this, its the same reasons under 13s make up their date of birth to get on facebook

14. JohnBonachon

I there: (I de-lurker just for this news)

I don't want to defend any 4chan but sheesh, everybody knows that 4chan are not the guys that act in persona (and some of them I doubt that they will go out).

But let's show the evidence.

* The forker said that he was attacked.

* But, there is no evidence, no arrest, no photos (why? 2021 and nobody even has a phone camera?).

* Not a record talking with the cops or a lawyer.

And truly, nobody really cares about a fork on Github, nobody (but companies and lawyers).

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Made a fork...

...got a knife.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like