back to article Calling all fanbois: If you can't wait to glimpse iOS 15, Apple is running a public beta now

If you aren't afraid of life on the bleeding edge, Apple has rolled out the first public beta version of iOS 15, allowing anyone with a taste for buggy pre-release software to get their fix. First announced in June, iOS 15 includes a variety of cosmetic changes to notifications, as well as the Safari, Maps, Weather, and Notes …

1. tip pc Silver badge

iOS 15 safari tab bar sucks

iOS 15 safari tab bar sucks

Was fine as it was but now makes it hard to see what other tabs are open.

1. Alumoi Silver badge

Re: iOS 15 safari tab bar sucks

You're opening tabs wrong!

2. HAL-9000
    Unhappy

Boy time flies fast

I suppose my work iPhone 6 running iOS 12 (security updates only) is getting a bit outdated now

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blimey we're still on IOS 7.1..

..on an iPhone 4!

But then the spouse likes a small device which will not take modern apps and it only gets used as a phone, camera, texting machine and mobile email checker.

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

Re: Blimey we're still on IOS 7.1..

Dang... I don't remember getting married!

4. Mike 16

You can check out any time you want?

Or does this follow the usual practice of not allowing you to revert to a working version, when you get tired of dealing with the "trial"?

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: You can check out any time you want?

Several of the Apple fanboi sites have instructions for reverting back to a fully released version of IOS.

The best bet would be to try it out on a phone that is not your main one but ... if you can't then it is at your own risk naturally.

5. Social Ambulator

Definitely beta

Your article, that is. “brigns” indeed!

6. kat_bg

In some respect, IOS 15 beta 2 is more stable and runs smoother than IOS 14.7 beta 4 (I think). Safari tabs could be better, though: address bar on the bottom is nice to have but closing the tabs with an X on the top of the tab defies the purpose...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like