back to article Deutsche Bank stuffs Oracle systems in on-prem cloud while Google scoops lion's share of white fluffy workloads

Deutsche Bank is to migrate all its Oracle systems onto a single instance of Big Red's on-prem cloud. The German financial services giant, which achieved net revenue of €24bn in 2020, said it would upgrade its existing database systems and migrate the bulk of its Oracle database estate to Oracle Exadata Cloud@Customer, an on- …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interviewed with Oracle cloud a year and a half ago

Things were going well until I mentioned the importance of testing. Dropped like a hot potato.

2. Gene Cash Silver badge

I wonder what Oracle has on Deutsche Bank?

I suppose it was one of those "migrate to cloud or we write you up for all those license violation" "deals".

1. Gordon 10

Re: I wonder what Oracle has on Deutsche Bank?

I doubt it. The simple matter is that if you have mission critical or simply important brown field Oracle workloads then Oracle Cloud is by far the simplest and cheapest migration path. It’s not even particularly expensive compared to a huge migration to another DB. Also their cloud charges are pretty low (for now).

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Anonymous for career reasons

Really? I hope you're better at being a DBA :-)

1. oliversalmon
          FAIL

LOL, I did check the check box, not sure what happend!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The 6 million investment is when you want to have the full cloud in your own datacenter.

If this is "just" about ExadataCC, then there is no minimum investment (other then the cost of the smallest Exadata)

4. sebacoustic

No wonder their financial performance is not that great... Probably all those bad loans to the Trump organisation.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like