back to article Oracle and partners sued over claims they over-elevated NetSuite's capabilities

Advance Lifts, an Illinois-based maker of industrial lift machinery, has sued Oracle, its IT implementation partner Folio3, and its finance partner Banc of America Leasing & Capital, claiming that the trio breached their contract and committed fraud by delivering a NetSuite system that lacked promised features. The complaint [ …

1. DJV Silver badge
    FAIL

Boo hoo - poor Larry

If Advance Lifts win (and I hope they do!) then there's another yacht Larry won't be able to add to his collection.

Appropriate icon selected - big and red and has Oracle FAIL plastered across it.

2. FozzyBear
    Pirate

Look on the bright side

At least the sales manger got his commission bonus

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Re: At least the sales manger got his commission bonus

He/She figured that an elevator company was a good omen for a rise.

3. ecofeco Silver badge

Good

I hope they win and win big.

The incompetence of the large I.T. providers makes me wonder how the hell they stay in business.

1. Julz

Re: Good

Expensive lawyers help...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Limited dealings but..

I had support from a company, Front Porch.

It was good.

They were taken over by Oracle.

It was bad. Bad doesn't even cover it. Same (good) people providing the support but now behind an impenetrable labyrinth of corporate obfuscation.

Now, much better.

Oracle sold to EcoDigital who sold to Telestream (who bought Tektronix as an aside) but I'll tell you something for free...

Something you will already know I suspect.

My dealings with getting support from Oracle were the worst experiences I've had in over 30 years of dealing with suppliers.

How are they still in business? Go Figure?

1. Neil Barnes Silver badge

Re: Limited dealings but..

Because no-one ever got sacked for buying from Big Blue Red?

Software companies in general seem to have a business model that would get most other companies sued out of existence... So, you want a chair? Yes, we can make you a chair, though we'll have to do a little research to determine the correct height of the chair, and the width of your bottom, and how many legs it will need, and... it'll be a little more expensive than a chair from the charity shop, but it will be ideally suited to you, tailored to your arse.

Oh, did we neglect to mention that we're waiting for the tree to grow? And would you mind contributing to this sawmill we're planning?

5. Tomato Krill

Oracle or Folio3?

I’m not fan of Oracle but isn’t it unfair to pin the blame for this squarely on Netsuite when it was Folio3 who (allegedly mis-)sold and failed to implement it?

6. mwhite949

Solution Architect

This has been going on for years, and why NetSuite loses 90 percent of its customers within a 5 year time span. They should have purchased SAP Business One. It works well, has SAP behind it, and it's not the big complicated SAP solution for fortune 1000 companies.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like