back to article Huawei flings open the doors of its third privacy and security transparency centre

Huawei has opened another cyber security centre and, despite facing a crisis of trust in the West, has chosen to do so for the first time in its Chinese heartland. The company said its Global Cyber Security and Privacy Protection Transparency Center (GCSPPT) in the industrial city of Dongguan will allow regulators, independent …

1. FuzzyTheBear
    Mushroom

Lacking evidence

Trouble is that it all started with Trump. Trump was a master liar with a degree in advanced disinformation and manipulation.

We know he's put his lackeys in key positions to push his ideas that he's right all along , knows better and " let's fix the papers to match the facts we want the people to hear through the news so they back us up " the man was a con artist. Everyone agrees.

Now .. question remains is is there REAL evidence Huawai is pushing stuff out the door that's intended for infiltration of other countries communications systems ?

That's the question noone can answer .. noone can show us the hard evidence.

Lacking that the only option is to check their stuff in a lab and study it.

Trump conned a lot of people, the whole Huawai affair ( including the arrest in Canada ) smells like just another of the trade wars he started with the world.

We all seen it .. The man was an idiot. I am far from sure that a large company like that would be idiotic enough to bug their systems when they know that the clients will audit them and check network traffic and make all the tests that need to be done.

The real war here is not about equipment being a threat .. the real war is disinformation so the telcos are forced to buy other company's shit at a premium.

Buy American taken to another level .. Buy equipment from companies i got shares of .. that's what it sounds like.

The whole thing smeels like shit to me. I don't trust American equipment or the internet in Canada / USA more than i'd trust the Chinese or Russia for that matter.

It's under tight surveillance and we know it. The last case of FBI spreading backdoored equipment is proof they are willing to do so.

So .. before i let anyone change my mind about the setup and con job ill need hard evidence.

I don't believe Huawai would be idiotic enough to do this. Doubts are just that .. doubts.

About time the governments either hand out the proofs , hard evidence , or shut the hell up.

Just another Trump con job and outright lies.

2. G.Y.

hostage

China takes hostages from time to time (ask Canada); would you want to go there, possibly piss of the party's cousin-in-law?

1. very angry man

Re: hostage

been there, just like muricia bit more friendly than NY, LOTS less crime and the cops didn't threaten to shoot me once!

1. llaryllama

Re: hostage

I'm Taiwanese and have dabbled in politics with pro independence parties. I would be arrested on landing in China including HK or Macau and thrown in prison for holding an opinion. So maybe don't be quite so smug about how "safe" China is, like any dictatorship it's all fun and games until you find yourself on the naughty chair.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like