back to article Nvidia refreshes GeForce RTX GPUs: More CUDA cores, crippled crypto mining

Nvidia announced two more GPUs this week: the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti. These represent its latest “gaming flagship” hardware. The 3080 Ti will be available starting June 3 at $1,199, and the 3070 Ti will go up for sale a week later on June 10 for $599. Actual pricing may vary, depending on demand and …

1. IHateWearingATie

I was thinking about replacing my 1080Ti with a 3070Ti, and with UK pricing around the £5-600 mark that matched what I paid for the old card. However, the likelihood of getting a card is close to zero without a serious investment in time, and probably bots.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Same - PC building at the moment and still a lack of cards without paid bots. The new cards Nvidia announced are already out of stock on their own site and no joy from any other vendors.

1. WonkoTheSane
        Headmaster

The cards are not showing on Nvidia's website because as the article says, the 3080Ti isn't released until tomorrow (Thursday June 3rd), and the 3070Ti won't be available until Thursday June 10th.

2. Boothy

Yup, bad time at the moment if you want a new GFX card.

Even some of the tech channels have been re-reviewing old cards (such as the 10* and even 9* nVidia cards, and equivalent AMD cards) with modern titles, so that people can see the comparison with these older cards and newer hardware.

Then they can try to figure out if it's either worth trying to upgrade to a 30 card, assuming you can find one and are willing to pay for it, or if you're on say an older mid range card, (say a 960, 970, or a 1050Ti etc), whether trying to get a 2nd hand 1080Ti, or a 2070 super for example, might be a better option for now! Although that's now impacting 2nd hand prices, driving up prices for 2080 Ti etc.

2. batfink

Oh joy

That sounds like just what I need, and for a reasonable price too. I will go out and buy one forthwith.

Oh hang on...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like