back to article IBM Cloud resets ‘Days Since Last Major Incident’ clock to zero – after just five days

IBM’s Cloud is experiencing another severity-one issue, the rank it uses for incidents that see business-critical systems become unavailable. “Users may experience connectivity issues when trying to access the listed cloud services” was the explanation offered when the incident kicked off at 1454 UTC on May 25. Resources in …

1. jake Silver badge

Gotta love them clouds.

When they're not leaking like sieves, they are down. Just what I want as part of my business computing solution.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Gotta love them clouds.

Yep, Do love AWS, thanks. Seems to be just fine.

2. Potemkine! Silver badge
    Mushroom

Love the Ad

"Why IBM Cloud?

IBM Cloud® capabilities enable business agility and resiliency"

ROTFLMAO!

1. Korev Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Love the Ad

I guess it enables resiliency by using its own version of the Chaos Monkey

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"another severity-one issue"

Might have been better to not lay off all those experienced people you used to have, eh IBM ?

4. Chris G

When is a cloud

A kludge?

5. SecretSonOfHG

RCAs from IBM must be something worth watching

Given the ratio of overstaffed management (multiple layers, on-shore, blame shifting experts) vs. understaffed technicians (off-shore, young and and inexperienced if not likely underqualified) at IBM, the meetings where they perform their required-by-process RCA analysis could probably be the source of a Silicon Valley comedy script.

6. Anonymous Coward Silver badge
    Windows

They're just trying to keep up with Microsoft.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Didn't they get the memo?

Cloud outages should happen on Monday mornings or Friday afternoons.

One out of five over the last two months is unacceptable for my work-life balance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon