back to article Toyota rear-ended by twin cyber attacks that left ransomware-shaped dents

Toyota has admitted to a pair of cyber-attacks. The first hit the European operations of its subsidiary Daihatsu Diesel Company, a Toyota-owned company entity that designs engines. In a statement [PDF] dated May 16th, Daihatsu said it “experienced a problem in accessing its file server in the internal system on 14 May 2021 …

1. cb7

It's about time crypto-currencies were made illegal across the whole planet. If they become worthless, the motivation to hack companies for untraceable ill gains will diminish.

There's literally no other way out of this nightmare. It feels like there have been more hacks over the last year than there have been in the preceding 10 years. And it's only getting worse.

2. StrangerHereMyself Silver badge

What a feeling

I'm surprised you guys at The Register remember this slogan as it was from the 1980's.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What a feeling

I have a Polaroid picture of me doing the "Oh what a feeling!" jump in front of my brand new 1993 Toyota pickup.

She's still running fine and will probably outlive me.

Best damn purchase I've ever made in my life. Oh what a feeling indeed!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

Re: What a feeling

I still fondly remember the original Top Gear's attempt to break a Toyota pickup. They couldn't get it to stop running and driving despite all the damage they caused.

3. A random security guy

Site does not use HTTPS

That says it all. A simple MITM with an infected PDF ... And many other attacks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like