back to article IBM Cloud’s biggest region hit by five-hour Severity One brownout

Are you hungry? And what do you think of IBM Cloud? The Register asks because Big Blue is offering US$25 gift vouchers – enough for a decent lunch – for customers that review its cloud. The Register noticed the offer when logging in to check on a new Severity One incident that hit IBM’s cloud on Wednesday, US time. The …

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

21:20 UTC on May 19th -->> 02:16 UTC on May 20th

The 21st Century equivalent of the time taken to re-boot your pc after a crash.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am still an IBM "Cloud Customer"

10 years ago I signed up to a DB2 service for a quick proof of concept.

Took a mornings work then signed off.

10 or so years later the account is still active (although suspended as the backing credit card expired eight years ago).

I have found no way to actually cancel the account apart from an expensive international call to an 0800 number.

If you have the misfortune to be an IBM shareholder at the next shareholders meeting I would raise the question of how they come up with such

a large number of customers for a not very popular service.

1. Nifty Silver badge

Re: I am still an IBM "Cloud Customer"

Or make a free call to the US 800 number using Skype

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/call-toll-numbers-skype-43119.html

1. James Anderson

Re: I am still an IBM "Cloud Customer"

Does not actually bother me as it costs me nothing except for deleting the occasional spam.

But if I was still a shareholder I would question the unfeasibly large number of customers claimed for IBM's cloud service.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As long as they keep paying dividends, who cares?

Perhaps the users and customers might?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like