back to article Microsoft reveals what a growth mindset does to the letter ‘A’

Microsoft has given Azure’s logo a tweak for the second time in four years. “Our ability to meet your business and innovation needs is in part due to our growth mindset—which extends from front-end user experiences to small details like graphics and icons,” wrote senior product marketing manager Erin Zefkeles late last week. …

1. Korev Silver badge
    Coat

It looks like MS have got their head in the clouds...

2. Social Ambulator

Eh?

But we all know “A is for Apple”.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Someone's unfolding clippy

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

RE: Someone's unfolding clippy

Yes, it will be needed to press that recessed Reset button on t'cloud.

2. zuckzuckgo Silver badge

The logo makes It looks like Azure is about to fold.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

"to small details like graphics and icons"

Nice to know that Azure is working so well they have to waste on the useless details like logos.

Then again, the marketing department has to have something to do.

1. MatthewSt

Re: "to small details like graphics and icons"

And you don't want your marketing department shipping code, so keeping them occupied with logos means everyone wins!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Angel

Re: "to small details like graphics and icons"

And you don't want your marketing department shipping code, so keeping them occupied with logos means everyone wins!

There, fixed it for you.

5. 0laf
    Go

Looks like....

Looks like an arrow pointing down to me.

Seems to accurately reflect most people opinions of MS development right now. I approve

6. My-Handle

sounds about right. Our marketing team tweaks our "brand guidelines" about once every six months, faster than we can update the website to match. Of course, all new pages added have to adhere to the most recent brand guidelines, so what we actually have is a mess of pages built over two years that can be dated to within a few months if you knew what colour palette to look for.

1. DJV Silver badge

Hmm

Now that's what global stylesheets and common code to render headers and footers are for!

1. My-Handle

Re: Hmm

If only that were the limit of what they wanted changed.

As an example, their "brand guidelines" include colours and logos used in site images (which they provide during page build and rarely revise). There are plenty of other "requirements" that do not readily lend themselves to global styles and are usually ignored in the name of consistency and sanity.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Autodesk

Reminds me a lot of a flipped Autodesk logo

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Clippy's Back!

It looks like you're trying to run a cloud application. Would you like some help with that?

9. Aaiieeee
    Happy

"… look familiar to what customers know and love"

If by love they mean the love to ridicule stupid logos and statements whenever el reg points them out, then yes, agreed. I love it :)

10. Howard Sway Silver badge

meeting your growth and innovation needs by providing a new icon

I have had to sat through numerous meetings where marketing department people spout shite like this, and whilst I understand that a good product needs to be marketed and sold, I always wonder how much more effective they'd be at their job if they saw through all the bullshit and stopped wasting vast amounts of time going on about "how excited they are about our new icon" and other such rubbish.

Ah, but I've reacted to the campaign so I've noticed it and therefore they've won haven't they? At least, that always seems to be their justification.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: meeting your growth and innovation needs by providing a new icon

at a previous (compulsory) meeting where one of the top brass (long moved on!) showed us minions the latest rearranging of the deckchairs, I pointed out the the 'reinventing our core values' was basically the same core values but with different names.

I also pointed out that the pyramid of 'our values' had the customer right at the bottom rather than in prime position up at the very top... strangely that powerpoint slide didn't seem to make it to the final version published to our intranet

11. Alumoi Silver badge

SSDD

Leopard, spots, turd, polish, new Azure logo ...

12. deadlockvictim

Azure: Pay us monthly

As well as, we have your data.

Title says it all really.

13. RyokuMas
    Trollface

At least it's less FLATTY MC FLATSO...

14. rskurat
    Devil

I can't even

2023 tagline -

Marketing: Because Our Bonuses Depend On It

15. Auntie Dix
    WTF?

Microsoft Marketing Management's Cranial-Rectal Inversion

“Our ability to meet your business and innovation needs is in part due to our growth mindset—which extends from front-end user experiences to small details like graphics and icons,” wrote senior product marketing manager Erin Zefkeles...

Lady, you have been inhaling your own fumes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like