back to article Happy Friday? Darktrace gets 40 per cent boost on London IPO debut

British AI-powered security startup Darktrace has enjoyed a bumper IPO Friday as its shares climbed 40 per cent on its London Stock Exchange debut. Raising £165m for the Cambridge-based cyber-security company and its backers, the IPO offered an opening value of £1.7bn. Darktrace says its "enterprise immune systems” are …

1. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

Retail investors...

...saw none of that action. The price sagged a couple of per cent today.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a fan of their tactics

When we were looking into the product we asked for pricing etc.

They wanted to do a proof of concept before providing. I said I'm not adding anything to our network, expending the time, resources and exposing our data without contract etc in place. They wouldn't' budge so we walked away.

Couple of months later a different sales guy contacted us with the same pitch, again I asked for prices and had the same "we need to do a POC". I asked for estimates based on endpoints/devices etc, eventually got verbal non-binding guesses which were 3x the price of competitor products.

I have no idea where the value in Darktrace is, they seem to slam the door on themselves when it comes to adoption.

1. Al fazed
      Flame

Re: Not a fan of their tactics

I could Hazard a guess

Alf Hazard

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like