back to article Ice, ice maybe? Astrobotic will ride SpaceX's Falcon Heavy to the Moon in 2023 and drop off NASA's water-hunting rover

Astrobotic has provided an explanation for another of SpaceX boss Elon Musk's tweets with news that its Griffin lander lander will be riding a Falcon Heavy to the Moon in 2023. Musk last week sent fanbois into frothing excitement with an announcement that a trip to the Moon was on the cards. … going to moon very soon — Elon …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Ice Rocks

Elon was chill enough without this, but finding and analyzing ice, even under the surface rocks, would be a significant step. The popular press focuses on the use of ice for moon colonies but it will also provide scientific researchers with ice samples to compare with measurements we have made of particular comets, asteroids, and meteorites as they delve into the history of the Earth and the solar system.

I can't offer the boffins a pint (beer should never be colder than cellar temperature, regardless of what my fellow Americans think, so I'll substitute a gin and tonic.

1. Spherical Cow Silver badge

Re: Ice Rocks

G&T is good cold, certainly... but I never sully it with ice. The G, the T, and the glass are all kept in the fridge so there's no need to add ice.

1. very angry man

Re: Ice Rocks

i can see a market for moon ice on earth, that G&T = $8 G&T+ moon ice= $325468713.52

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like