back to article Apple extends Find My support to third-party vendors including Belkin, Dutch bike maker VanMoof, and Chipolo

An upgrade to Apple's Find My app has added support for devices from third-party manufacturers including gadget-tracking startup Chipolo, Belkin, and niche Dutch bike maker VanMoof. Find My is a service that allows iPhone, iPad, Mac, and AirPod owners to locate their missing devices through a dedicated application or website. …

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

When they can track SWMBO's specs I might buy.

1. Red Ted
      Go

And how often are they on the top of her head?

1. James O'Shea

Pointing this out may prove detrimental to one's health. Getting a tracker app to point it out for her is much more survivable.

2. Sleep deprived
    Happy

Apple has Find My Airpods?

I should have told the skier and hiker I met along a ski trail both looking for their all white expensive ear buds in the snow...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple has Find My Airpods?

There's a reason I used corded when sporting..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tile has other major problems

I have a bunch of Tile tags, and Tile is very, VERY pissed off with me for not allowing them to grab tracking information 24/7.

When you install the Tile app, it is so desperate to get hold of your tracking data that every single time you start up the app it will whinge at you for not allowing it to run in the background and have access to location data. As a matter of fact, the app uses every trick in the book to stay running by, for instance, setting itself up for background refresh.

This also means that if you start up the Tile app it will start whinging all over again that it needs your location and inside leg measurement to work properly, and no, it doesn't, not for my use (finding cases and my keys).

Is the hardware good? Ish - it has the best range, so I keep using them even though they're sometimes hard to wake up. But the app and the attitude of the company who seems to think it has some sort of right to my data is starting to seriously piss me off.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like