back to article South Korean regulator recommends Apple be prosecuted for hampering fair trade probe

South Korea’s Fair Trade Commission has recommended Apple’s local outpost be prosecuted for hampering its investigations into its affairs and slapped it with a 300 million Won (US$264,000) fine. A Wednesday statement by the Commission (FTC) alleges that when investigators visited Apple South Korea, they found the internet and …

1. Hubert Cumberdale

"slapped it with a 300 million Won (US$264,000) fine."

Wow, bet that'll hurt 'em.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm guessing ... Android is the favored son in Korea? Probably can't get any tighter than Samsung and Google.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Corruption at the highest levels of Samsung and Korean government are well documented but still the Android fanboys down vote you.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Perhaps because the story is about Apple, and not about corruption in or between Samsung and the Korean Government. There was no suggestion nor accusation in the article that the obstruction claims against Apple were fabricated, due to corruption or otherwise, so there was no reason to mention it.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Such blatant disobedience deserves a harsher punishment

It seems that the Apple mentality is despicable across the globe.

1. RM Myers
      Facepalm

Re: Such blatant disobedience deserves a harsher punishment

Are you implying Apple is rotten to the core?

1. DJV Silver badge

Re: Such blatant disobedience deserves a harsher punishment

Damn, you pipped me to the post in saying that!

4. Potemkine! Silver badge

Everything in Apple, nothing outside Apple, nothing against Apple.

5. Justin Clements

Absolutely

I'd drag my heels if someone wanders in and wants to hook up to my servers to read anything at will. And yeah, you wanna come in and play, there are some seats in reception you can use - you ain't setting up shop in our conference rooms. And bring your own coffee.

1. jason_derp

Re: Absolutely

So somebody calls you up, says that they're going to stop by and look at some stuff, you tell them it's no problem and you'll be ready for it all, then you make them sit in a lobby and don't provide them coffee? Which car of your logic train convinced you that you would look like a resonable human?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like