back to article MoJ cancels £100m ERP procurement to get in line with UK government shared service strategy

The UK’s Ministry of Justice is ditching a £100m ERP procurement as it strives to get in step with a new Cabinet Office shared service strategy for enterprise applications. The department responsible for court, prison and probation services is set to withdraw a market prior information notice, launched in July 2020, which …

1. macjules
    Facepalm

Cabinet Office shared service strategy

This would be like the GDS "one size fits all, except for Home Office, MoD, FCO, Health etc. etc." policy?

2. Howard Sway Silver badge

Our previous big grandiose strategy vision has failed to deliver working systems!

Obviously the solution we need is to scrap it and develop a brand new big grandiose strategy vision!

1. sgp

Re: Our previous big grandiose strategy vision has failed to deliver working systems!

But first, let us create a workgroup so that we can identify the first possible date on which we can form a project group that can then identify the needs zzzzzzzz

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Coat

“The pandemic has proved . . "

Shame that it took a pandemic to make you realize you needed something that worked.

On the other hand, that explains a lot.

4. Mike 137 Silver badge

"Shared service strategy"

I wonder whether the "shared service strategy", in addition to its currently declared purposes, might pave the way for undetectable cross-agency data sharing about you and me.

5. TimMaher Silver badge
    FAIL

Julia Lopez

She said “agile back-office systems”.

Tells you all you need to know.

6. Potemkine! Silver badge

Give me your money!

No problem. Low work can provide you a cloudy AI based on blockchains. How much of it do you want?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Firing anyone who says "This new Shared Services Strategy will iron out any systemic inefficiencies to leverage advances in technology, and improve our central processes, so that together we have more time and mental bandwidth” would be an excellent way to start getting out of this mess.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like