back to article SAP boss Christian Klein's pay cheque is considerably lighter after 2020 woes wiped €28bn off company's value

A bumpy 2020 has hit SAP boss Christian Klein in the pocket, wiping millions of euros from his pay packet. The exec, who took over as sole CEO after a brief shared tenure with Jennifer Morgan, received €2.19m for the year that included a resizing of the company's outlook and a 23 per cent or €28bn crash in its value, some of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thank god for covid...

Otherwise the only other conclusion for a 28bn valuation crash would be no-ones interested in paying for your products.

2. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Should we feel sorry for him?

Naaah, I don't think so. They still make more than enough money.

3. nematoad
    Happy

Snigger.

"A bumpy 2020 has hit SAP boss Christian Klein in the pocket..."

To quote Battery Sergeant-Major 'Shut Up' Williams; "Oh dear, how sad, never mind."

4. Potemkine! Silver badge
    Facepalm

Oh, the poor, poor guy.... Should we make some voluntary donations to compensate? Some fund raising on GoFundMe?

5. EmilPer.

is anyone using SAP voluntarily ?

Is anyone actually using SAP voluntarily ?

Not being snarky, really want to know because like 5 years ago I have heard about companies pushing their data to a SAP instance only for compliance.

1. low_resolution_foxxes

Re: is anyone using SAP voluntarily ?

We are in the middle of a conversion to SAP.

If I had to be bluntly honest about why I think we are adopting SAP, it was mainly because our accountants didn't like our old (but functional) software, I got the impression they just thought SAP experience would look good on their CVs long-term.

Otherwise, the highly expensive (mostly consultants day rate) over a couple of years, has basically reintroduced our previous functionality in a different UI, with a couple of fancy reports overlaid.

Personally, I cannot be arsed with either. Both let me put stock in a revision controlled structure and create paperwork to ship it out of the door.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Cry me a river

Heck, I'll watch a company die for a fraction of that.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't Worry

He'll still get a tankard, a flight of darts and a lucky 'Bully The Bull' mascot.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't Worry ...

He'll still get the tankard, the flight of darts and the 'Bully The Bull' mascot toy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like