back to article SCO boss to customers: 'Blah. Blah. Blah'

SCO Group boss Jeff Hunsaker has done away with corporate speak in his latest seasonal note to partners and customers and replaced it with a terse, blunt message that reads: "Blah. Blah. Blah." Sadly the CEO and president of the bloodied and bruised software company was not immediately available for comment, but we think this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chronos
    Linux

Don't forget

...to pay your $699 licensing fee, you...

Whoops, wrong site ;o)

In all seriousness, are they still here?

2. Sordid Details
    Joke

What's the problem?

It's the most sense we've heard come out of SCO for years!

3. David S

I could be wrong...

...but this looks like a CRM SNAFU. (says the CRM guy...)

Somebody was probably doing a demo on the live system instead of the sandbox. Didn't mean to hit "Send". Oopsie...

4. Peter Simpson
    Linux

Makes as much sense as anything else SCO says

Maybe they had to lay off their corporate communications guy?

// Tux rules, SCO drools!

5. Dive Fox

At least...

At least they finally said one thing I can honestly say I do not take offense to.

Thanks, Darl, for all the laughs.

6. Chris
    Coat

Perhaps it's a legal issue....

i.e. they could only afford to pay their lawyers to approve one word - 'blah'!!!

Or alternatively it could be a Ballmer-inspired message.... "I have 3 words for you ... Blah, Blah, Blah!"

Mine's the one with the walkman in the pocket playing the remix of "developers developers developers developers...."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Ha Ha!

You're a mactard!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@I could be wrong...

"...but this looks like a CRM SNAFU. (says the CRM guy...)"

I agree - the site contains a lot of empty articles and the kind of general rubbish you might see in a mock-up. Oh dear

@Peter Simpson

"Maybe they had to lay off their corporate communications guy?...."

Certainly looks like it.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TSCOG has partners and customers?

I thought TSCOG had sued enough of them to make the others flee in terror.The BIG legal battle was with IBM (ex-partner (monterey) and customer). That got delayed for the argument with Novell (partner: TSCOG collects license fees on Unix for Novell and is supposed to hand the money on to Novell). The bankruptcy stopped the lack of progress in TSCOG vs Daimler-Chrysler (ex-customer) and TSCOG vs Autozone (ex-customer). TSCOG vs SUSE would be in arbitration if both sides had not agreed to wait until after the bankruptcy. Redhat vs TSCOG was waiting for the result of TSCOG vs Novell, but that will have to wait until after the bankruptcy too.

TSCOG has sent nastygrams to many fortune 1000 companies. There cannot be many people outside the third world that TSCOG has not sued or threatened to sue. They have claimed that all linux users owe them money. That almost certainly means you as at least one out of your satnav, router or PVR is a linux box.

If anyone is thinking about being a TSCOG partner or customer remember their chief activity is litigation and judging by their track record, they are not very good at it. (TSCOG changed its name. It used to be Caldera - a Linux distributor!)

10. hj

service pack 7.1.4 revealed

so it says a little lower on the page. They do something with software? customers can download it at no charge... all 5 of them.

11. Neil Kay
    Alert

Copyright

Hey, SCO has reproduced, in full, the text of my short story 'Dreaming in a meeting'.

That's a copyright violation.

Where do I send the writ?

12. Dazed and Confused

Works of Boris

so he thought he'd give it a go

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Simple explanation:

That message is from the SCO partners website.

Do you suppose they have any partners any more?

Exactly. He knows nobody's listening, so he's not putting in any more effort than is relevant to the audience he's addressing.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

An open letter

Dear Mr. Hunsaker:

On behalf of people every where who have been following the trials and tribulations of SCO over the years, I would like to make a suggestion. Simply it is this, ODFO.

kthnxbai.

15. Dave

Not Found

Sadly, it appears that the page has been deleted, I got a 'not found'.

16. IGnatius T Foobar
    Linux

Stolen by Linux!

Clearly the intellectual property which makes up their site content was stolen by the Linux people, just like their operating system code!

17. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Are they still here?

Interesting comment that they are looking for a buyer to take their UNIX whilst they focus on the IP lawsuits. I have to ask, since lawyers cost money. Where the f*** is the money coming from? No one is buying SCO UNIX now (leaving aside its technical merits, procurement folks will be nervous about sending orders to a company whose finances are so precarious, and Linux is well understood to be a suitable enterprise alternative even by people who only read Forbes) and the mobile server business is barely off the ground and surely can't be pumping wads of cash into SCO's coffers.

I feel really sad for SCO's engineers and the other folk who had nothing to do with this lawsuit. SCO UNIX was, and is, really quite good, and the management pissed it all away chasing rainbows. Yet another casualty of hubris. I'll file it with DEC and SGI.

18. fishman

The truth

At least this time they told the truth.

19. Yes Me Silver badge
    Happy

They're just using their own documentation

http://uw713doc.sco.com/en/MM_admin/_H_em_define_header.html

Message-Id: <>

Message-Id: some text

Message-Id: <legal text@domain> blah blah blah

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Peter Simpson

"Maybe they had to lay off their corporate communications guy?...."

Or, maybe, their corporate communications guy just got laid, and thought, fuck it, I don't care anymore

21. David Viner Silver badge
    Alert

SCO boss to customers

Bloody hell! They still have customers?

22. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

The page has gone!

Someone must have taken it? Watch out, if they find out who did it they'll have their lawyers after you quicker than you can say BLAH!

23. kain preacher

I was woundering

Is it some huge law firm that owns the majority of TSCOG ???

24. Pierre
    Unhappy

"Document Not Found"

It's gone now.

25. me
    Flame

Message is gone, just like SCOX

Yep! It's a goner!

On the other hand, that's most intelligent thing Hunsaker has mumbled yet! Now I see why he makes the big bucks, I mean USED to make the big bucks.

26. Law
    Linux

maybe.....

.... he's not discovered ODFO yet??

27. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Re: Ha Ha!

My sentiments exactly. I had to clear the browser cache on my PC after seeing that image - don't want stinking blue balls in my cache!

28. David Kairns

Uh

SCO, alot like the stuff behind my toilet which refuses to die.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like