back to article Apple faces app store payments fight in Arizona, Throttlegate suit in Portugal

Apple is facing a fresh round of battles on both sides of the Atlantic over its App Store and iPhone policies. First up, Arizona lawmakers are considering a proposal that would allow developers to use third-party payment platforms for in-app purchases on Apple's App Store. If it passes, Apple and Google - along with other app …

1. The Sprocket

Naw . . . gave this a second thought after I signed in and realized—I don't give a toss anymore. These two horses are a bloody pulp.

2. alain williams Silver badge

1 million is too large a number

The number of annual downloads to trigger them allowing an alternative should be much lower.

1. Kevin Johnston

Re: 1 million is too large a number

I can understand why you say that but I think they have pitched it very well. With over 7 million people in Arizona, setting a '1 million in a year' trigger would guarantee to catch Apple and Google while still soundign to be a high threshold. It also gives an easy number for the other states to bounce off when setting their trigger levels

3. gnasher729 Silver badge

TenCent is at it again. They same lobbying company that they used to buy a legislator in North Dakota now is paying someone in Arizona. This is no attempt to support small developers, or end users, it's an attempt to give Epic, mostly owned by $750 billion Chinese company TenCent, direct access to their customers' money from in-app purchases. Make the customer pay the maximum amount to enjoy a game.

1. zuckzuckgo Silver badge

Sometimes the enemy of my enemy is my ally.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like