back to article Taiwan scores Google’s first hardware engineering lab outside the US of A

Google has picked Taiwan as the location of its first hardware engineering facility outside the USA. The new facility, in New Taipei City, will be used “to develop our hardware products including Next devices, Pixel phones, Chromecast and more,” according to Google’s announcement. "We’re opening the new campus, with its very …

1. Dinanziame Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Didn't Google also bought HTC's mobile division a couple of years back? I would have thought this included a hardware lab, but maybe acquisitions don't count.

1. Danny 2

Didn't Google also buy HTC's mobile division a couple of years back?

Google also bought HTC's mobile division a couple of years back.

Friend is not Google your Translate.

1. JDPower Bronze badge

Congrats, you win today's bonus dick points.

1. Danny 2

Not being a dick there.

I correct people's grammar and spelling online because that's how I learned since I wasn't taught in school. Oh, and when I worked in Europe and tried to learn the lingo I was never short of people who'd happily correct my mistakes. Because of my Scottish accent one Dutch receptionist told me, "Don't learn Dutch, learn English".

If I wanted to be a dick then I'd point out that a Bronze badge holder can't award bonus dick points here. I'll take those bonus dick points from a Gold badge holder. You just haven't earned it yet, baby.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like