back to article Dear team: Please work hard in 2021. I’d help, but I’m in jail. Yours, the boss of Samsung

Samsung’s vice chairman and de facto boss Lee Jae-Yong has reportedly sent staff motivational messages from inside prison. 52-year-old Jae Yong was jailed last week for bribery, concealment of criminal proceeds, and embezzlement. But being inside the big house hasn’t stopped the exec from continuing to influence Samsung’s …

1. Big Al
    Alert

Organic?

An organic layer?

The mobe... IT LIVES!

1. KittenHuffer Silver badge

Re: Organic?

I would mention that to a scientist the use of the word 'organic' just means that it contains carbon.

But the joker in me prefers to say that the organic material is due to the owner of the phone visiting one handed websites!!!

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Diamonds and graphite are not organic. Neither is sodium bicarbonate.

I did say that to a scientist that the use of the word 'organic' meant that it contained carbon. So where the screens use OLEDs (Organic LEDS) it means that the LEDs on the display contain carbon as part of their 'working' structure.

As for your comment - Not all things that contain carbon are 'organic' but all things that are 'organic' contain carbon!

1. Nick Stallman

Which makes organic water completely false advertising.

Or disgusting.

Marketeers can make any word mean anything they want!

I mean, how can something be "New & Improved!"???? If it's new then it can't be an improvement on something, and if it's improved then it can't be new!!!

1. Palebushman

"Marketeers can make any word mean anything they want!"

They should also be held accountable/responsible for most of the pollution our planet is suffering from. The other insidious racket of 'built-in obsolescence' appears to be completely out of control too! The amount of electronic junk filling 'landfills' is truly something to behold.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like