back to article India’s top techies form digital foundation to fight Apple and Google

India’s tech self-reliance push has spawned a new group that aims to fight big US tech companies, The new Atmanirbhar Digital India Foundation (ADIF) has been founded by a group of execs whose Indian start-ups got big, fast, making them bywords for success and famous for having shown the nation can create big internet …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Indian versus Indian

Working for one of the much-demonised mega-techs (hence anonregtard), it sometimes seems 80% of my colleagues are Indian.

Does this then qualify as internecine warfare?

2. Danny Boyd

I wish them all the luck

Seriously. I love India and believe in its hi-tech future. But...

Fighting Apple will be hard: you cannot legally clone iOS and AppStore. You may have more luck trying to reduce Apple's footprint on Indian market.

Cloning Android and GooglePlay is possible (just ask Huawei), so I'd look in that direction.

All this, however, hints at a rather unexpiring future: there are N countries in the world with each having its own Android clone and its own Play store, because all N countries got fed up with Google dictate, and all N countries busy at getting rid of Apple as much as possible, because they are fed up with Apple dictate. Sad picture, but what can one do? Apple will be Apple, and Google will be Google.

1. prismatics

Re: I wish them all the luck

Why do you need a compulsory store in the first place.

2. tiggity Silver badge

At least on Android you can have your own store if you wish and sideloading is easy. On Apple, a lot more problematic.

3. Robert D Bank

I also wish them all the luck. Anything that can reduce the reach of Google and Apple. not to mention FB needs applauding.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like