back to article Games Workshop finds that in the grim darkness of the 3rd millennium, there is only ERP

Games Workshop, the fantasy model maker and table-top wargames retailer, has ingested a dose of reality as it delays its high-risk ERP project and appoints a new integrator. Nestled in this week's half-year results [PDF], which showed a sales surge during lockdown, is evidence of an epic struggle with a monster Microsoft …

1. ceejay1981

Given the seriousness of the situation...

...surely prayers to the Ommnisiah & anointing the servers with sacred oils is required?

1. Nemo Metis

Re: Given the seriousness of the situation...

Perhaps placating the right Machine Spirits might help - they seem to have a few to choose from

2. Fading

Just need a few Mekboyz...

and a couple of prayers to Gork and Mork and the ERP would be up and running (paint it red for better performance)...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just need a few Mekboyz...

Wasn't Comprehensively Shafting Customers known for its red logo? And the only thing that went quickly there was the experienced (=expensive) staff out the door...

3. Mog_X

Tzeentch is the project manager.....

"Everything is going just as planned"

4. Captain Scarlet
    Devil

Sage Line 500

Unless the integrater understands that its functionality can be changed hugely by the application of any one of a hundred licensed modules which can be enabled by company they are going to have a bad time.

5. TRT Silver badge

No mention of that snippet I caught somewhere that GW is worth more than the UK fishing industry? Did I dream that?

Anyway, Manhattan Associates and Sage Enterprises should join forces to create a warehousing and retail support service under the moniker MageWARS.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. graeme leggett Silver badge

The value of all its shares is greater than *one* years fishing I believe is the comparison.

6. The Boojum

I don't know about the fishing industry but GW is currently worth quite a lot more than Marks and Spencer (£3.6bn versus £2.7bn).

7. kz20fl2

No mention of Chaos? Disappointing

1. codejunky Silver badge

@kz20fl2

Maybe its all part of The Great Game

8. RNixon

I read ERP as 'erotic role play' and was VERY CONFUSED.

1. Ordinary Donkey

I did the same, then assumed that was deliberate.

Well played, El Reg.

9. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

ERP

Always tempted to prefix that with a "B" when things don't go to plan.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Agile implementation with Dynamics?

Lol. You go write some unit tests for Dynamics. Spin it up in Docker. Use Github. All the normal practices that enable agility.

Oh, wait. You're stuck with a low code solution that's engineered to demo well and appeal to non-engineer IT staff. Good luck with that, and the D team doing SI.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like