back to article Capita finally finds buyer for education software biz, private equity Montagu to pay £400m

Capita has agreed to offload its Education Software Solutions (ESS) biz to a private equity buyer for around £400m, which is understood to be £100m below its lowest valuation when the unit was put up for sale. Under the terms of the agreement, Tiger UK Bidco Ltd, a newly formed offshoot of Montagu Private Equity, will cough £ …

1. AMBxx Silver badge
    Trollface

Private equity buyer

Fill her up with debt. Pay big dividend to private equity. List on the SE before anybody notices the crippling debt.

2. czechitout

My old Dad used to say a company was worth three times net profit. Can someone explain how a product which turns over £95m is worth £400m?

1. Lazlo Woodbine

It isn't, and this is why the stock market keeps crashing every generation or so.

3. N2

Crapita education?

I wouldnt have paid a tenner for it

My wife went on one of their courses years ago, learnt nothing and had to show the instructor some really basic stuff

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crapita Crapita Crapita - having worked for them - and left (on my own accord knowing the car crash that was coming) I would say good luck to the buyers!

bet they can't wait to have to convert a product that's been basterdised over 20 years to the cloud!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sims is a really poor "legacy" piece of software and their replacement Sims 8 has been in development for 5 years with no real progress.

Basically the EES division has been a sinking ship with thousands of schools moving away from it in the last year or so.

The valuation is crazy, i'm surprised this private equity firm fell for such a high buy price even if they think they are getting a bargain!!

Sims needs to be thrown in the bin and a new agile cloud based platform developed.

1. EnviableOne
      Joke

AGile, CLoud based, one more for Modern Software Bingo ....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like