back to article Let's check in now with the new California monolith... And it's gone, torn down by a bunch of MAGA muppets

Well, that escalated quickly. In a scene not unlike the opening minutes of 2001, a group of angry young men stole up Pine Mountain, expressed distaste for Mexicans and aliens, then proceeded to tear down the latest instalment of 2020's favourite meme. California's answer to the Utah monolith had only been discovered on 2 …

1. Natalie Gritpants Jr

What makes them think that aliens from outer space would be illegal? More likely they would be here to evict us (quite legally) in order to build a hyperspace bypass.

1. Sgt_Oddball

Just....

Whatever you do, don't ask them to recite poetry. Pretty sure that would come under a violation of the Geneva convention.

1. Dave White

Re: Just....

Oh freddled gruntbuggly, thy micturations are to me...

2. nichomach

I take it you mean don't ask the MAGAts to recite it, naturally? I can imgine a little Vogon verse would be a blessed relief by comparison....

1. Daniel von Asmuth
          IT Angle

Jesus and Elvis may be king, but who will be president of God's own country?

1. Snowy Silver badge
            Joke

The president of God's own country? they that would be Geoffrey_Boycott https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Boycott

2. Blackjack Silver badge

God himself.

Or maybe the Holy Spirit?

Christianity is confusing.

3. Shades
        Thumb Up

@Sgt_Oddball: I really wanted to upvote your post but, well... the answer

2. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

Without aliens, the Messiah would have died before getting crucified

Here's the proof.

1. Mr Humbug

Re: Without aliens, the Messiah would have died before getting crucified

that's not the Messiah, that's a very naughty boy

2. gnasher729 Silver badge

Sorry, but the YouTube a******s decided to go in full GDPR violation.

1. jake Silver badge

It's still up here in our "censored" US. Maybe subscribe to a VPN service that allows you to access that stuff? Or will your uncensored government object?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Aliens' Conversation

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

"Fuckin' A."

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Re: Aliens' Conversation

I would be more inclined when it was in Utah.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

I wish these people had read the Gospels at least once...

... they would have found their actions would be strongly frowned upon by the protagonist....

1. D.A.

Re: I wish these people had read the Gospels at least once...

That would require them to be able to read.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Angel

As our current leader knows, bibles are meant to be used as props. Any understanding of the bible can come from Fox News or televangelists.

1. jake Silver badge

"Any understanding of the bible can come from your shaman of choice, no need for you to waste your time reading and understanding the bloody thing for yourself.."

FTFY

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"What'ya readin' for???"

1. Scott 53

"What'ya readin' for?"

Great Bill Hicks reference

2. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

"Well... gee... you got me there. I guess though I read for a lot of reasons, but the main one being so that I don't end up... as a fucking waffle waitress!!!"

4. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

what a shame

If only they had thought to pick up some bones and bash each other over the head - in another million years or so they could have evolved into Leonard Rossiter

1. Toni the terrible Bronze badge

Re: what a shame

billions of years - FTFY

1. Aladdin Sane

Re: what a shame

You're saying they're lower down the evolutionary scale than primordial gloop?

I can see that.

5. chivo243 Silver badge
    Stop

Usually

I would say it's better to regret something you have done, as opposed to regretting something you haven't done, but in this case I would rather regret NOT doing this.

And removing the video from one site doesn't remove it from the internet... Yep, like getting the pee back out of the pool. Maybe this will haunt them later in life?

1. RuffianXion

Re: Usually

For that they would need the ability to reflect on their actions and apply critical thinking, so I don't think they need to worry.

6. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
    Mushroom

Mixed feelings

On the one hand, I despise w*nker "conceptual artists" that pull this kind of vapid stunts.

On the other, how inbredly stupid do you have to be to drive for hours to destroy something, while chanting xenophobic slogans?

I despair.

As someone else said, nuking the site from orbit is probably the only way

1. chivo243 Silver badge
      Alien

Re: Mixed feelings

I've said it before, acts like these are why we are alone in the universe... What self-respecting Extraterrestrial race would want to associate with us when we have idiocy like this running rampant in our societies?

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
        Alien

They probably still think digital watches are a cool idea too!

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Apple watches are still digital watches, you know!

1. DJV Silver badge

Whoosh!

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

And they're not cool !

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

>What self-respecting Extraterrestrial race would want to associate with us when we have idiocy like this running rampant in our societies?

What if we're the galactic equivalent of a game show ?

A planet wide big-brother / celebrity arsehole in the jungle type of thing ?

2. Ben Tasker

In some ways, though, this reminds me of Hitchbot.

It hitchhiked all over the world without any real issues. In the US, it survived 2 weeks before it was vandelized.

There just seem to be more of the type that are willing to destroy for no reason in America

https://heavy.com/tech/2015/08/hitchhiking-robot-hitchbot-germany-netherlands-united-states-philadelphia-killed-died-dies-america-stripped-vandalized-headless-hitchbotinusa/

1. genghis_uk
        Unhappy

I fear he would have met the same fate in the UK - probably faster than 2 weeks too.

2. Blank Reg

Some countries just have a disproportionately high number of assholes and morons. And not all of them are politicians.

7. Lazlo Woodbine

Second great commandment

These so-called Christians always forget the teachings of their chosen imaginary friend

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:37-40

That is unless they do actually hate themselves and are transferring that hatred onto their neighbours as some kind of incel defense mechanism...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Second great commandment

IIRC, "Love thy neighbour" originally meant "Love other christians", and was only later reinterpreted to mean "Love everybody and especially the choir boys".

In any case. christianity, like so many other religions, has a long history of claiming to be all about peace and love whilst massacring people they define as heathens.

1. Ian Mason

You were misinformed, probably by someone who wanted an excuse to be nasty to people who weren't fellow Christians.

The word used for neighbour is 'πλησίον' and just means neighbour in the same sense as the English word.

1. Wellyboot Silver badge

Is that the greek translation from the original Aramaic?

1. jake Silver badge

The original was written in Koine Greek, not Aramaic.

1. onemark03

The original was written in Koine Greek, not Aramaic

Yebbit while the original may have been written in Koine Greek, it was presumably (I am not a biblical expert) heard from or otherwise reported from Jesus Christ who spoke Aramaic.

Assuming he existed, of course, but that's another story.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: The original was written in Koine Greek, not Aramaic

I rather suspect that while the author never actually knew his subject, he was reporting as accurately as he knew how. If he had meant "Christians" and not "Neighbors" he would have said so explicitly.

Yes, Jesus was probably brought up speaking Aramaic ... but he clearly could read and understand scripture, so he also spoke Hebrew like a native. And as was normal in the era (thanks to the exploits of Alexander the Great a few centuries earlier), he probably also knew Koine Greek quite well. And because he was a rabble-rouser, he probably knew enough Latin to get himself out of trouble with the Law.

There was no Internet (or TV, even!) back then. Presumably kids occupied themselves learning useful life-skills, instead of frittering away their childhood on anti-social media.

2. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

I thought it was in Klingon ... or maybe that was "Julius Caesar".

2. ibmalone

Fortunately you recall wrongly, actually asked and expanded on https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2010%3A25-37&version=NIV

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

3. Jonathan Richards 1

> originally meant "Love other christians"

A moment's thought will reveal the fallacy... because the quoted speaker was not a Christian. Repeat: Jesus of Nazareth was not a Christian. He was of course an observant and pious Jew, and maybe you could place him on the spectrum up to Jewish zealot (see all four gospels re. driving out moneylenders with whips, etc.)

So, IIRC, you wrote. YDNRC.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"On these two commandments let's hang all the lawyers and self proclaimed prophets."

FTFY

1. zuckzuckgo Silver badge

Said the self proclaimed prophet?

3. Plest Silver badge

Since when did xenophobic, fanatic religious nuts ever bother stopping for just 2 secs to make sure they really understood the texts they claim guide them and their ilk?! They'd rather spend hours and tons of money ( usually buying guns! ) to argue over the colour of the cover their chosen holy book than actually learning anything useful from the texts and actually being useful members of society.

4. Alumoi Silver badge
      Trollface

I don't see anything about not vandalising and destroying inanimate objects though.

1. Flocke Kroes Silver badge

That is because destroying inanimate objects is a requirement: Exodus 23:24.

1. Alumoi Silver badge

So the muppets were doing God's will, right?

8. Arthur the cat Silver badge
    Headmaster

"Christ is king in this country"

Don't USian schools teach that their country is a republic any more?

1. Mike 16

Re: Republic?

I suspect you haven't heard the news about how the new SCOTUS majority just ruled that things like the prohibition against establishment of religion and separation of church and state no longer applied, so that "Do what you want. it's not a crime if you claim to be a church" (as long as you claim to be a _Christian_ church) was Okey Dokey

1. Muscleguy

Re: Republic?

Actually you just have to be a religion. Like the Temple of Satan (Temple note, not Church) a non congregationalist registered religion. Which means it gets all the rights and privileges of religions there. Like no tax status, like equal treatment under the law with the other religions.

Like after school atheism club is not allowed in many places. So afternoon Satan clubs happened instead and cannot be stopped (registered religion). They do reason and science there like they would in Atheism club but there’s marginally more black clothing and matte silver jewellery involved.

When some bible thumping state legislator wants to erect the 10 commandments or a cross on the courthouse lawn (state property, can’t do that) the CoS turns up with their large bronze statue of Maphomet and adoring children and insists on equal treatment under the law. The religious types back down sharpish.

it is both much quicker, cheaper and more effective than suing them. The lawyers aren’t pleased.

2. Plest Silver badge

Re: "Christ is king in this country"

I was under the impression that God is the be all in the US, kids in schools have to swear allegiance each day to the flag, the country and God and on the dollar bill "In God We Trust". So Puritan even after 350 years, Cromwell would be proud.

1. Getmo

Worse, "In God We Trust" wasn't added to the paper bills until 1956.

I don't hate the Christians, I'm not saying it's all their fault. But they did take what was supposed to be an "open" nation and turned it decidedly Christian. The whole "freedom of religion" bit actually ended up helping them out, by giving them a farcical ideal they can hold up in defense of their actions anytime someone accuses the Christians of pushing their own agendas into law.

1. skeptical i

re: "freedom of religion" when the Christians push[] their own agendas into law.

Agreed. If Jews, Muslims, Pastafarians, et cetera tried to do the things some Christians try to do in the name of "religious freedom" there would be a whole new bunch of talk about this particular freedom.

2. Terry 6 Silver badge

Always best to bear in mind that the Pilgrim Fathers' version of religious freedom was mostly about the freedom to be intolerant of other Christians.

1. jake Silver badge

Yeah, whatever. "The Pilgrim Fathers" never had any power in The United States Of America. However the Founding Fathers did. I think you'll find that the Constitution makes absolutely no mention of God or Christianity, and in fact states that “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States”. Pretty definitive, no?

John Adams, the first Vice President of the US, wrote in the 1796 Treaty of Tripoli "The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion".

There are many, many more examples. The US has become corrupted by Christianity, and the Founding Fathers are spinning.

1. Jonjonz

The Founding Fathers also put some pretty strong language in the founding documents against corporate power, but thanks to Repubicans (propped up with idiot Christian anti-abortion dog whistle racists) we now have Citizens United which out to be renamed, "Full citizenship and personhood for Corporations including the right to bribe any government official legallly.

2. onemark03

The US has become corrupted by Christianity

Yes, indeed.

The trouble is that religion or religious belief in the US has has long been conflated with patriotism.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: The US has become corrupted by Christianity

Only by idiots.

QED

3. jake Silver badge

We're not all deluded ... in fact, the numbers of self-declared xtians has been dropping since the 50s. Last time I checked, over 25% of Americans claim no religious affiliation at all. Are things going this well in your country?

Note that I know many people who would claim "christian affiliation" if asked, but who have no actual affiliation with any church, and have never actually attended a service in adult-hood, nor are they ever likely to. If you take these people into account, I rather suspect the actual numbers are closer to 50% not affiliated with any religion. And rising.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

> on the dollar bill "In God We Trust"

Doesn't say which God. Could be Thor, his movies are popular with the young ones.

3. jake Silver badge

Yes, schools here teach civics.

Sadly, religions don't.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The religious fundamentalists have always been in denial about "separation of church and state" and insist that they "rule" and "founded" the US. They're delusional, of course, but delusional behaviour is just par for the course when dealing with American society.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Video is still on his Twitter feed

...along with loads of racist memes, maga conspiracy posts, posts saying "RIP" to republicans who have conceeded the election, and all the other brain dead moronic things you could think of.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CULTUREWARCRMNL

1. Mark 85

Re: Video is still on his Twitter feed

Many of these types have left Twitter for other sites that are more open to their madness. There's a rumor that the biggest one is actually an FBI site to track them, but who knows.

This whole last four years has been one of chaos, wild-ass accusations with basis no in fact, and over all stupidity and all stirred (not shaken) by the guy at the top.

A pretty sad state of affairs in these parts.

"Many of these types have left Twitter for other sites that are more open to their madness. There's a rumor that the biggest one is actually an FBI site to track them, but who knows."

We should start rumours about these so-called "anonymous" twitter-a-like" social media whenever a nutjob is arrested claiming they were tracked and identified through their posts. They're already paranoid, so it can only help :-)

2. Terry 6 Silver badge

"Many of these types have left Twitter for other sites that are even more open to their madness.

FTFY

2. Getmo

rt.com reposted his video, and he even wrote a tweet on it saying "Thank you Putin!"

10. Howard Sway Silver badge

We don't want illegal aliens from Mexico or outer space

Oh, is there a legal work visa scheme for outer space aliens then?

Consider this : if aliens from outer space were capable of travelling to this planet, what you want will be about as relevant to them as what a cow wants before it's taken away to be made into burgers.

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Joke

Re: We don't want illegal aliens from Mexico or outer space

Oh, is there a legal work visa scheme for outer space aliens then?

"There isn't, and I want all aliens working illegally rounded up and deported in the next space ship out*" - says the Home Secretary

*little does she realise that the Boris Space Force won't be sending anything up anytime soon

Re: We don't want illegal aliens from Mexico or outer space

I suspect Boris' Space Force will only ever be sending itself up.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

overgrown kids playing army

"Oh no, Antifa's after us, run!" No doubt followed up by self congratulations that they came prepared for a fight, and scared off the week kneed libtards. Most of us grew out of that phase by Jr. High school.

Wankers.

Coat

Re: overgrown kids playing army

And for that matter, is Antifa Anti-Fascists? Isn't that a good thing? And why is it pronounced An-TEE-Fah instead of Auntie Fay?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

How do you pronounce fascist?!?!

Yes, being anti fascist is bad in Mussolini's America

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Wait until they pull the Orange Shirts out of their closets and into the street...

12. phands

The saddest part of this is that these mewling morons will complain about religious persecution if their crappy cross gets torn down.

1. Arthur the cat Silver badge
      Flame

The saddest part of this is that these mewling morons will complain about religious persecution if their crappy cross gets torn down.

Set it on fire and please both sides.

13. Goat Boy

"When you can just filp on the 'tube"

I think these lovely guys have been flipping far too much 'Tube

14. Ghostman

Have you ever thought

That they might be the group that put it up?

15. aregross
    Happy

Here's hoping the FSM will sneak up on them in their sleep and....

You make up the rest!

16. jake Silver badge

I don't think the "monuments" are related, nor are the removals.

The first one is a bit of private art. Why it was placed there, and what it means, is anyone's guess. A guy I know who leads off-road excursions for paying customers in the deserts of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah tells me the Utah plinth was a loosely held secret, known to a few locals in the area for the last few years. The idiots who removed it are going to be given shit about it for the rest of their lives. From all accounts they won't care, they are used to people disliking them for being useless twats, and a hazard to others.

The wooden one in Europe was likewise a piece of art, and the morons who removed it will likely be persona non grata in the area indefinitely once exposed.

The Polish and California versions were copy-cats, crudely made, and hardly art ... but like the originals, the idiots who removed them are going to be pointed out and laughed at for being morons for the rest of their lives.

An interesting note about the California and Utah removals ... The installations were considered private property, and not abandoned. As such, the people who removed them are guilty of theft. I seriously doubt the California example was worth much (scrap value only), and probably only qualifies as petty theft, so the perps will only get their hands slapped (if that) ... However, the Utah version is an Internationally known bit of artwork, and is probably worth quite a bit more than just it's scrap value. As such, should the actual owner wish to place charges, the knob-ends who stole it could be up on charges of grand theft and/or accessory to grand theft[0]. We can but hope.

Finally, a proposal. It's time for a name change for the MAGA twats ... From here on out, I'll be expanding the acronym to Muppets Annoying Genuine Americans. I encourage all y'all to do the same.

[0] Before you poo-poo this, please note that I'm talking about the law in the US. Please take your jurisdiction into account before commenting.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I don't think the "monuments" are related, nor are the removals.

"The Polish and California versions were copy-cats, crudely made, and hardly art ... "

If Tracey Emin's unmade bed, a pile of bricks, and soiled nappies are considered genuine art, then your denigration of 'The Polish and California (sic) versions' is really just highfalutin snobbery. A bit like your very own private definition of what constitutes a 'genuine American' there in the so-called Land of the Free.

1. jake Silver badge

I agree that art is in the eye of the beholder. But I do not agree that some twat mimicking an existing work that is currently in the public eye, merely to bask in the original's shadow, is art.

Genuine Americans care about all of America, and all of the people who live here. The Muppets Annoying Genuine Americans (MAGA) clearly do not. I respect their right to be here, and for them to voice their opinions, just as I do everybody else ... but I reserve the right to point them out and laugh at them. And to vilify them when they attempt to take ANYTHING away from the rest of us. How dare they? Do they not respect Freedom of Speech? Are they un-American? (Answers on a postcard ... )

2. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Nice idea, but "Muppets" is too kind.

"Morons"?

17. heyrick Silver badge

"and other dumb shit not fit for the 21st century"

The truly scary part is that they can vote...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I don’t really have a problem with them being able to vote. Anything other than completely universal suffrage is a slippery slope. And even dribbling idiots have rights.

The key is making sure the democratic system they’re voting in, is properly representative and otherwise fit for purpose. So the nutcases don’t grab more than their fair share of power. Neither the UK nor the US systems are great examples of this.

2. Terry 6 Silver badge

Do they need to be able to spell X to do that, where they are?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Aw, poor Richard. A trio of young men hold views you don't agree with, so excoriate them in an article they'll never read? Can you truly be so offended, or are you paid by the word?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There's a difference between holding differing views, and being a bunch of twats.. Not surprising you can't see that...

2. d3vy

Does holding different views from someone entitle you to go and tear down and remove something that they have spent time, effort and money on?

If you believe that it does please post your address.

3. jake Silver badge

Did you actually LISTEN to the muppets, AC?

4. ICL1900-G3

Bravely anonymous. I salute your courage.

19. Kev99 Silver badge

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human animal. Especially reactionary twits.

20. nxnwest

The indigenous Americans Thank You

For sending the Puritans to this side of the pond.

NOT...

1. You aint sin me, roit

Sorry...

But we didn't send them, they chose to leave.

Not because they were persecuted, but because they couldn't tolerate our refusal to adopt their peculiar religious intolerance and persecute others.

21. CrackedNoggin Bronze badge

I'm having trouble keeping track of the obelisk appearances/disappearances, but could it be that these obelisks are being recycled? That the obelisk placers and the video making obelisk takers are one and the same? If so eventually they will self-reveal and bask in the attention, or at least try to monetize it. The world of social media is ultra competitive, and fame is self-fulfilling. Memes are in the mind of the beholder. Clicks are money, and it takes money to pay the rent for a LA social media McMansion.

1. skeptical i
      Go

re: "could it be that these obelisks are being recycled?"

I very much doubt this is the case, but your question reminds me of a red velvet couch that was schlepped to various tricky locations and photographed.

_CS Monitor_ 1984 article about the book about the travelling couch -- https://www.csmonitor.com/1984/1207/120702.html

_L.A. Times_ 2002 article on other "travelling things" art projects -- https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-mar-17-lv-prank17-story.html

22. Elledan
    Happy

Figures

Considering that the US was founded by folk who figured that the Netherlands was too intolerant towards their beliefs and left in a tantrum towards the New World, these kind of scenes seem only par for the course.

One reaps what one sows, etc.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Figures

Do not confuse the Pilgrims of the early 1600s with the Founding Fathers about 150 yeas later. The two groups had absolutely nothing to do with each other, and would have been diametrically opposed politically.had they been contemporaries.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trump supporters never HAVE been the sharpest tools in America's shed. Witness the number of them still going on about how "Trump will win" despite having already LOST.

We'd be better off as a society as if those MAGA hats were used as grounds for locking up the worst examples of humanity in modern society.

1. codejunky Silver badge

@msobkow

"Trump supporters never HAVE been the sharpest tools in America's shed. Witness the number of them still going on about how "Trump will win" despite having already LOST."

Not sure thats limited to Trump supporters. When he was elected we had years of Hillary won, not my president and russia conspiracy theories. Idjits are idjits whatever political group they support.

There was a funny spoof article I read summed up as- those complaining about the rigged election getting Trump elected are now certain the election is completely secure, and those who were certain the last election was completely secure are now certain it was rigged.

2. roytrubshaw
      Headmaster

(Weird US electoral system)

"... number of them still going on about how "Trump will win" despite having already LOST."

<pedantry>

Strictly speaking the electoral college, that actually votes on who will be the next US president hasn't voted yet, so it's possible that "faithless" electors could vote for Trump.

The US Presidential Election is just a gigantic opinion poll and despite what the voters think, they are NOT voting for the next President.

</pendantry>

As you were folks!

24. Jonjonz

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when graffitti posing as art is defaced by half-apes posing as humans is considered news.

25. Celeste Reinard

Cretinism

As I stated with my last instalment in this commentary section about this subject, that was my egg. I didn't clarify however why I laid it there - an omission I feel necessitated to fix: my transdimensional baby had as its intended mission to root out just all this kind of cretinism... It looks like I will have to lay a few thousand more - from pole to pole.

26. slimshady76
    Alien

The monolith's author has finally shown his face, according to the Spanish skeptical site "La Mentira Está Ahí Fuera":

https://www.lamentiraestaahifuera.com/2020/12/06/se-revela-el-origen-de-los-monolitos-metalicos/

1. jake Silver badge

That hack might have built the three latter-day rush-job models, but I seriously doubt he built the one installed ~5 years ago. He hasn't the attention-span of a house-fly (based on the "here and now, now pay me!" aspect of everything else he's ever done).

27. Boo Radley

Stoopid MAGAts

Gotta ruin everything. They won't be happy till were a theocracy and all intelligent humans massacred.

28. Gringo99

BTW, looks like Internet found the answer to the Utah one

Stumbled upon this the other day.

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/the-mystery-of-the-utah-monolith-may-have-been-solved-by-internet-sleuths/

Spolier: even more disappointing of my low exepctations.

29. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge

They found one on the isle of Wight now!

or was it Mann?

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      1. jake Silver badge

::yawn::

Bored now.

2. onemark03

And it's gone

Yeah, but they found it again in a field in Sulzbach in Hessen (Germany).

See the back page of today's "Darmstädter Echo" (7 December 2020).

I looked for a link but couldn't find one. Sorry.

But if you want a copy of the report, give me your email address or fax number via El Reg.and I'll be happy to send you a copy of the report plus a translation - for a fee, of course.

(I'll see what I can do about mates' rates. I translate for a living.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like