back to article Dutch search engine ignores IP addresses

A Dutch search engine has become the first to operate without recording the address of the computer used to make the search. Ixquick said it had taken the move to protect users' privacy. Ixquick is a meta search engine which uses other search engines to provide results to users' queries. It has made privacy its main selling …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pastamasta
    Thumb Up

Does the job nicely, thankyou

Excellent. I've already switched my default search engine and I must say it works a treat. Publicise this as widely as possible, I say.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I - not l

just fyi - it is ixquick.com, not lxquick.com. confusing from the article as it is spelt with a capital i.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Very nice.

Might have to use them for the pron from now on.

4. Alex
    Thumb Up

a step in the right direction

I see that you can also use ssl, more of this please!

now all they need is to offer a descent webmail and I'll migrate (along with my family & friends) over from the googlebeast!

5. Matt Thornton

Interesting

I like it. As a result of quick ixquick of me, I found out that I signed the US declaration of independence. Never knew that.

Still, shit name for it though. "I'm just gonna ixquick that" doesn't have the same ring. I can't imagine Obama saying "I use the ixquick all the time".

Although it looks good, I just don't see it catching on.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

How does it differ from Scroogle?

I'll give this a try - up to now I've been using Scroogle (which *does* have a nice ring to it, compared to ixquick), but I'll be interested to see how this compares.

7. Jerome

@ anon

It differs from Scroogle in that Scroogle is useful, because it just returns Google searches. Ixquick is useless, because it returns a mashed up list of results from all of the inferior search engines, and does not search Google at all.

8. BioTube

@Jerome

Seems pretty damn good to me. My new search provider.

This topic is closed for new posts.